Scampin!!!!!!

-

varlo

Joe- Long Island, Oakdale
Reaction score
Hey guys first off i want to thank everybody on this site for being so much help with the abundance of information I have found on a bodies. It is truly awesome. Even though I have only owned a mopar for about a month I have worked on them for a few years. Helping my dad rebuild his 1967 Barracuda. It has truly come out awesome and were about 90% done now. But working on my dads car started this itch saying that I need my own mopar. I just need it end of story. So im coming home from work on my birthday when I turn the corner I see this big brownish red thing on a trailer in front of my house. Right away i knew what it was. So with a grin on from ear to ear i get out and ask the old man I say "dad what's this?", he says "It's our new project, Happy Birthday son." I was so happy it was by far the best birthday gift out of my 20 birthdays so far. I knew it was nothing to look at right away but I saw the potential and started to really do some homework and go at it. Starting to collect all vital parts for my 360/4 speed swap from the /6. So any help constructive criticism by all means comment. It will give me the motivation I need to get out there and finish this thing asap. Well anyways on with the pictures.

Picture433.jpg

Picture434.jpg

Picture509.jpg

Picture510.jpg

Picture518.jpg

Picture521.jpg

Picture542.jpg

Picture544.jpg

Picture559.jpg

Picture561.jpg

Picture565.jpg

Picture566.jpg

Picture572.jpg

Picture573.jpg

Picture574.jpg

Picture567.jpg

Hope all the pics work and are sized decently. Please feel free to comment im anxious to see what everyone has to say both the good and bad.

Thanks,
Joe

yea i dont know why the pics wont work regularly but i definitely have my hands full. It will be fun though

Cool father son project!The old man will show ya how it,s done!LOL!!You are about to have a learning experience(one that you,ll enjoy)Good Luck with the build,and post pics. as you go!

Looks like a great start for a project!
Good luck with it!
My dad and I have a father-son project in my 1974 Dodge Dart Swinger.
We've been having a good time with it.

Looks like its going to be a great father son project. I remember my dad helping me put clutches in my first car, a 1964 Ford with a 406ci 4speed.
He helped me twice and when I needed the third all in less than 4 months, I remember him telling me "your on your own this time kid" and I was able to do it!
Dads long gone but I still cherish the memories, as you will one day.
Good luck!

looks like a fun project. since you are going to be doing alot of cutting and welding anyway. you should convert it to the earlier year with a smaller rear bumper. i always wanted to do that to my 75 scamp, but mine doesnt have any rust so i would hate to cut on it. either way, have fun with it. its nice to see more being saved.

ehhh we will see. I really would want to keep it original with tasteful mods done to it. If you wanna provide me with info and everything ill be more than happy to look at it haha.

Thanks for the comments. My dads barracuda is almost done starting the interior any day now and waiting on challengergary for my stripe order then i can get down and dirty with the car. Providing im not working or keeping busy with my schoolwork. School comes first.

Thanks,
Joe

Nice looking project! And a really nice looking barrcuda! :-D

Looks like you've got some work ahead of you, but its a good start! I'm working on a 340/4-speed conversion for my '72 Challenger at the moment, its a lot of parts to find but it looks like you're well on you're way.

Well i figured i would update the thread! Havent done it in a while now and we finally got my dads barracuda out of the garage and my scamp went in. First night it was in we pulled the 225. Came out pretty easy. And basically everyday since after i go to work and go to school and finish my hw i have gone out and done all the prep work. What a pain in the ***! I guess if it was easy then everyone would do this sort of stuff. But within 2 weeks we have gotten the motor out and the engine bay cleaned and painted! Along with the motor ready to drop in with fresh paint on all the front end components getting ready to drop the k frame in sit her back on the ground and drop my 360 in! I know this may sound boring but all the pictures speak for themselves and I can actually say IM PROUD OF MYSELF im only 20 and I have never tackled a project like this so hopefully heres the pics and I hope you enjoy if they dont work can someone try to post them so you dont have to click on the linky?

Cars010.jpg
Theres me hard at work after school and work

Cars013.jpg
Almost ready for some duraglass and primer!! Theres quite a few hours gettin that done!

Cars018.jpg
PRIMER....so pumped

Cars024.jpg
HEMI ORANGE BABY!!!!

Cars026.jpg
Upper control arms

Cars012.jpg
My 360 all painted sitting pretty waiting to go in and get fired up!

Cars011.jpg
New floors!

Cars007.jpg
My 15 year old brothers 65 Barracuda we picked up from the original owner when she had it as her first car for 16 years old ( pretty cool rolling up into high school when this is all done)

Please comment and let me know what you think it helps to keep me going and keep me motivated

I cant get these friggin pics to work right anybody got any ideas

I see them just fine - a little small but still there.

They show up, but you have to go click on each link to see them. No biggie. Nice progress on the car by the way! And it's cool that your brother got a Barracuda, love those early ones! It still amazes me though that cars on that coast are so far gone so fast! It mist be the salt on the roads...

got the k frame in....started to finish prepping and painting all the front end stuff.... upper control arms, torsion bars, spindle assemblies, wiper motor, blower motor, cant wait till all this is done, im gunna try to post some pics tonight.

i still ghave all my pics o n my cam im to lazy to get the part to up load it on the comp , i have to order my torsion bars this weeknd and the front end bushings and pick up the superstock springs ,, my dad is doing the motor tonight and alls i got left is the pass side quarter

Hey cool car, welcome to the site.

When you want to attach pictures to FABO using a hosting site like Photobucket....When you select the picture you want, Click the TAG below the picture that says IMG/whateverpictureyouwant/IMG, then paste that IMG link into the FABO Reply box....your pictures should autolink from Photobucket into your thread and be viewable without clicking links.

Good Luck with you build!

well i think i figured out this picture thing. Got a lot done on the scamp today. Finally the big day was here. I expected to swing this thing in after i got back from football this morning ( every sunday morning i play football) I pull in my driveway and this thing is already in! I was thrilled. The only thing that sucked was lifting the front end and cranking up the torsion bars so it would sit higher, it was to low with the headers i had like 3" clearance. Finally all the hours grinding the engine bay down to bare metal the patch welding and just overall countless hours of prep work ( wire brush down to bare metal, clean it with laquer thinner, then paint) I have done this so much but it is definately worth it. Well I will let the pictures speak for themselves. - Thanks Jack for the headers, it was tight but well worth it. Also i threw in a pic of my dads 67 for you fish guys. Enjoy and please feel free to comment, it definitely helps keep me goin.

phpiuN3TNPM.jpg

phpTNTkCCPM.jpg

phpTed9SbPM.jpg

phpQanc7TPM.jpg

phpae3SkkPM.jpg

phpxizHTiPM.jpg

Well finally got done with some midterms that were holdin me back from gettin back into the garage to get some work done. So tonight we started to take apart the rear of the car...Also dropped the tank. Had to drop the tank because we have to heat the bolts that hold the bumper on because they are so rotted hammered!

Pics:

Quarters go on this weekend!!!!!

phpv2KccpPM.jpg

php3akd0pPM.jpg

phpSaaJWqPM.jpg

well we ran into a few suprises today. I cut out the trunk pan and the quarters. Hopefully the trunk pan will be in today but there are some rust issues on the rear frame rail that need to be taken care of first. Also some serious rot issues where the rear window meets the quarter lip on the quarters. Were gunna have to cut it all out weld new pieces in and then do some body work. Im hoping to have all the metal work (patching, trunk pan, and quarters) done in a month and then we can move on to the bodywork. Hopefully the car will be done by June? Ill try to post pics tonite.

well got some more work done on the scamp. Rear bumper is pulled and we took care of some major rust issues on the frame rail. Ill let the pics do the talking. Also got the trunk in and that welded. She is slowly getting there. The one pic is what I am referring to with the "little" bit of rust on the corner by the rear window.

phpSSUwsDPM.jpg

phpi7PGbaPM.jpg

phpaNTVzQPM.jpg

php0ubBO6PM.jpg

phpElhJaqPM.jpg

-
Back