Scampin!!!!!!

-
if your brother drives that 65 cuda or 70 duster to school.it could get valiance in the parking alot.not a good idea.

if your brother drives that 65 cuda or 70 duster to school.it could get valiance in the parking alot.not a good idea.

I drove my 75 to school and the only thing that happened to it in the parking lot was a cheerleader backed into it and put a scratch in an already creased door.

I love your car dude. You really kicked *** on this build and got it done in a reasonable amount of time. I'm out in Huntington, so close! When my car is roadworthy in a few weeks we should take advantage of the last of the good cruising weather. Shoot me a PM! My '67 fastback would look good sitting next to your dad's fish and your Scamp!

Thanks man I appreciate it. One thing I know for sure is I could not do it without my dad. And some of the kind members here at FABO who have provided me with knowledge and parts with awesome prices. I have done a lot of thinking about what direction I want to go with this car. I want it to be very clean cut. Simple and clean is the look I am going for. I just purchased a 71 rear clip off a scamp so I will be converting the body style over like other members have. I am also looking to create a custom front end. I wish to switch the a 70-2 front end bumper style, and fit it with a 69 valiant grill and add a dual snorkel scoop. Stay tuned for updates and thank you for all the encouraging comments. My brother will also have a Daily driver, this car is just for fun.

One Thing I want to get accomplished over this winter is to get my 4 speed working perfectly. Currently over this summer anytime I would throw her into 4th she would make these really loud noises making it sound like it was gunna blow up. So naturally u stayed out of 4th. But now after installing my 391's I need the extra gear. Im not sure what the deal is but hoping it will be an easy fix. Also My shifter has about 6 inches of throw before i actually start to shift from gear to gear. She feels way to loose. Ive done a little hw on a rebuild kit but it seems like hurst doesnt sell them. Can anyone point me in the right direction with this?

ever think of driving her to Carlisle?

No not really. I cant afford it. Especially now with the 391's

Heres a cell phone picture I took. I thought it was cool having a shot with both of my mopars. The other car is my 72 Challenger I will hopefully be starting in the spring. Thanks for the kind words. Oh yea and thats my dads 67 notch in the back. He tends to be behind me a lot. Especially when we race!

-Joe

Attachments

• IMG_20101107_164820.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 816
i give you credit, i just looked over the thread and nice job... I want to see the challenger one.. have a race to see who's e body gets done first

i give you credit, i just looked over the thread and nice job... I want to see the challenger one.. have a race to see who's e body gets done first

haha theres no shot. Your way ahead of me. Thanks for the props tho

I am amazed at what you had to start with and how it ended up, awesome work, kinda be slobbering on that green Cuda too...nice cars.

Well I finally made my road trip to get my parts for the scamp. I have come up with an overall direction I want to take the car in. I had a lot of fun with my scamp and it got alot of looks. I just felt like the car was missing something. I was never really a fan of the "pointy noses" of the 73 and up cars. So that being said I wanted to do the swap but wanted something different that you really don't see at many shows. I did some homework and looked at some cars on FABO and finally came to a decision. Im going with a 69 valiant grill, with a pre 73 front bumper setup. and as pictured. Sorry for the crappy photo quality, but thats the rear clip cut off a 71 scamp. I really think the car is going to look awesome when completed. I also plan on pulling the motor/trans. Fixing a couple of things. Shaving the firewall. Hiding all the wiring, and hopefully figuring out how to fix all these scratches in my door glass! Stay tuned for updates. Once the weather gets a little warmer I plan to get the ball rolling. Also not pictured is my manual steering box I got. I plan on converting from manual to power steering. So if anyone has that adapter piece shoot me a pm. Also is a pic of the new toolbox for the garage. Working is a lot easier when your organized. lol

Thanks for looking.
-Joe

Attachments

• phpFrCNroAM.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 719
  • phpHdX6QMAM.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 728
  • phpKaHjWHAM.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 730
  • phpKXQcc8AM.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 715
  • phpUNQ3uFAM.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 736
can anyone recommend a good polish to maybe take off some of those "runs" on the front bumper pictured above?

Joe if u have any questions on hiden the wiring just let me know.here are some pic's.I know it will look good when it done; great job

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 678
  • 002.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 694
  • 032.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 685
  • 013.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 683
  • 012.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 701
can anyone recommend a good polish to maybe take off some of those "runs" on the front bumper pictured above?

American Racing has a really good cleaner that works well for that type of stuff. Cant gurantee it will work, but for 10 bucks, it wont burn a hole in the wallet, and you can use it on other stuff if needed. I believe its called chrome tech

I think he meant taking out the 340 and swapping in a /6 for his little brother. I think it is really responsible not letting a 16 year old have a 340, let him learn to drive the Slanty first then make him work and save and get good grades for the 340.
What the hell man! I daily drive a 400HP Dakota and I'm 17, that is BY FAR more dangerous than a 340 Duster

What the hell man! I daily drive a 400HP Dakota and I'm 17, that is BY FAR more dangerous than a 340 Duster

sorry you don't agree with the way we run things. I want my little brother around for my wedding, to cruise all the time, and someone to hang out with for the rest of my life. The 340 will be his when he gets a few years of driving experience under his belt. Im sure there are plenty of fathers and grandfathers on this forum who will agree with me, some won't and thats fine. But its not gunna change.

i think you guys got it right though.... Don't blame you a bit, my dad and uncle just beat into my head, maybe a tad literally, that this thing is as dangerous as a Hand grenade with the pin almost out, all i have to do is tempt fate and she'll rear her ugly head lol

American Racing has a really good cleaner that works well for that type of stuff. Cant gurantee it will work, but for 10 bucks, it wont burn a hole in the wallet, and you can use it on other stuff if needed. I believe its called chrome tech

I will look into it thank you for the help.

Joe if u have any questions on hiden the wiring just let me know.here are some pic's.I know it will look good when it done; great job

thanks I appreciate it. your scamp is a work of art and its something i aspire to.

I just read your whole thread. Amazing job man! Excited to see how the Valiant grill looks

I just read your whole thread. Amazing job man! Excited to see how the Valiant grill looks

Thank you I really appreciated the kind words, it makes me want to do a better job. As far as the valiant grill goes, i gotta wait until it gets a little warmer since my brothers duster is in the garage.

Found some pictures from when I blew up the 7-1/4 rear and swapped to the 8-3/4 with 391's. And ofcourse had to test it out to make sure it worked properly:mrgreen:

Attachments

• php6kKQbWAM.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 721
  • phpWOxJH7AM.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 699
  • phpLixhIJAM.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 708
  • phpZf6SgxAM.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 714
  • php3GuEy0AM.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 712
-