Scampin!!!!!!

-
Looking good Joe.I love the idea of the 69 Valiant grill,it sure will make it look like a 1 of car.Maybe try some of the 0000 super fine steel wool with some compound on the bumper.Good Luck.

Joe, How's that 741 chunk working out for you? I picked up an 8 3/4 drum to drum (incl springs) last summer - paid more than I should have but . . . anyway it's a 741 cone type and I haven't gotten anywhere near being worried about installing in yet my car's present needs are way beyond considering installation of the rear yet.

Just wondering if it's doing good for you. The one I got has 3:55s - my 73 is BBP so I need axles and etc etc for the 8 3/4 - like I said above no where near rear install presenlty.

The rear holds up real well, takes any abuse i throw at it with ease. I know a guy who builds rears for a living, he's down in florida. He happened to be up here on vacation when i blew up my 7-1/4 and installing this one, before i put it all together I had him come over enjoy a nice cold beer and look everything over. He says its a real strong rear. that i would be able to throw a lot at it and it will chew it up and spit whatever back at me! Everyone prefers a 489 casing and 742's but hey for the price i scored everything at I cant complain at all.

Looking good Joe.I love the idea of the 69 Valiant grill,it sure will make it look like a 1 of car.Maybe try some of the 0000 super fine steel wool with some compound on the bumper.Good Luck.

Thanks Scott!

just read the whole thread, (as of now all 8 pages) gotta say im pretty jealous man. That is one sick scamp. You and yours do great work. Congrats man and congrats on graduating.

Joe video's posted at page 7 of super scamp.enjoy

Sorry what is the address for "super scamp" to see Joe's video? I'm seeing page 4 of 4 so I'm not certain where 7 is???
If I'm totally missing where I'm supposed to go based on your info above. I guess I should probably get working on my 2nd coffee and shake the cobwebs loose a bit more:-k

Sorry what is the address for "super scamp" to see Joe's video? I'm seeing page 4 of 4 so I'm not certain where 7 is???
If I'm totally missing where I'm supposed to go based on your info above. I guess I should probably get working on my 2nd coffee and shake the cobwebs loose a bit more:-k

That was for me because I asked about him recording a quick video of his new power window setup in his scamp. The video is located on page 7 of his superscamp thread.

whats your cell !! ???? and i got rid of my facebookk
I tried PM'ing you but your inbox is full
JOE YOU COPIED MY GRIL you prick LMFAO !!!!!! we both need a photo shoot toghter !!!!!
Ok sounds good, I didnt know you were doing the same?

Bought my rear from a guy in Elmira Ny almost 2 years ago.

anyone else ever tuck a stock harness? I might have bit off more than i can chew.

Well finally some half way decent weather and a break from my brothers duster. It was time to hop back on the scamp and get to work. It will be a little tedious but well worth it in my own opinion. I started pulling the harness and the front end preparing for my 69 valiant grill swap and hiding the wires. I also pulled the heater box to clear up a TON of room underneath the dash. Im going slow and taking my time. Shouldnt be too bad.

Attachments

• phpU8KXLcPM.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 735
  • phpyZx3OcPM.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 744
  • phpvb39quPM.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 744
  • phpQ0U3qhPM.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 749
  • phpFGddGEPM.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 730
  • phphAQZOvPM.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 753
ive been thinking about how I am going to route the wires to the coil or the alternator. I am thinking about mounting the alternator lower towards the k-frame so I can run the wires along the frame rail. Does ANYONE have any ideas about this? Im hoping to get a lot of wiring work done tomorrow depending on if we paint my little brothers duster this weekend or not. Thanks for any input at all.

-Joe

Lookin good. You're doin a bunch to it for sure. Good question about the low mount bracket. I looked for 20 minutes and couldn't find nuthin.

Got a "care package" my friend grabbed for me from his job. I love getting free deliveries! Everything needed for my electrical project on the scamp! Its some real nice heavy cable for my battery relocation. Can't wait to get it going.

Attachments

• php8xk3T6PM.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 653
took my spare cluster out and started researching LED's to put in it for the time being. Then I will be putting in my dads 67 cuda dash. Saw this at englishtown this weekend thought it was pretty cool. Grabbed a couple parts too I will update with pics soon.

Attachments

• phpN7IBoUPM.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 623
  • php3h9gEqPM.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 649
  • phpzpwB7hPM.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 636
  • phpVR3CLNPM.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 685
Comin right along, varlo. Lookin good. No sippin and drivin. lol

-
Back