Schumacher

-
What k-member are you using? You can turn a '73-76 V8 k-member into a Direct Connection k-member...

What k-member are you using? You can turn a '73-76 V8 k-member into a Direct Connection k-member...

Got any tricks up your sleeve for an early A to big block? lol

Schumacher has pretty much folded up his tent. He & his wife have said they have some serious health problems. I don't know if he is selling the business off, or not. That was the last I've seen or heard.

Schumacher has pretty much folded up his tent. He & his wife have said they have some serious health problems. I don't know if he is selling the business off, or not. That was the last I've seen or heard.
Mike emailed me a couple of weeks ago..I was wanting one of his tach brackets but he told me he didn't know if or when he'd have any..He told me they were cutting back a lot on the business because his wife was recovering from cancer treatments and he wanted to spend as much time with her as possible.

No, but it all starts at the trans mount. Get the motor in straight from the trans and make up some mounts...

That's my plan. From there, My plan is to make two "C" shaped brackets that bolt directly to the K frame on each side and accept the stock big block spool mounts. Should be pretty easy. Thanks to some kind members, I have the correct engine placement measurements off the K frame and each frame rail so it shouldn't be difficult.

Mike emailed me a couple of weeks ago..I was wanting one of his tach brackets but he told me he didn't know if or when he'd have any..He told me they were cutting back a lot on the business because his wife was recovering from cancer treatments and he wanted to spend as much time with her as possible.

Best of luck to both of them. I really hope that things go well and they get the business back up and running. Real asset to the Mopar community.

I have the Transdapt slant 6 to RB mount kit. I have had nothing but issue getting things to work. Idk if it is something I am doing and not seeing or what. I had some ugly homemade mounts before but they worked, until one broke. My budget also was not there for the mount kit. So I decided to give these a whirl this time around. Now I have fought to get the headers to fit. 4 speed car so the bar adds a whole different level of trouble and the bell housing and torsion bar on the passenger side won't clear. I ended up having to dent the headers quite a bit to make things fit. I got it all back together and took it for a test run. The steering felt funky, so i brought it home and tossed it on the stands. Turns out the engine sits way lower and the center link hits the oil pan when turning right. now I have a golf ball size dent in the 187 oil pan. I can't shim the engine up due to the torsion bar to header clearance and the bar to header clearance. I hope I can figure something out this weekend. Id like to go beat on it soon. Otherwise my winter project will be swapping it back to a small block.

Good luck!!

No, but it all starts at the trans mount. Get the motor in straight from the trans and make up some mounts...
Hey Jim are you going to start building them again? For a while you had stopped . Your advice last time I spoke to you was great and your video's are very informative. I have a set of those Schumacher mounts and they are close but the original Mopar style is spot on.

I'll build Direct Connection k-members if somebody asks. Cores are pretty much non-existent or too expensive so I stopped looking. I'm about to give my hot tank away so I won't have the easy cleaning capacity anymore. It was just taking up too much space for something I was using less than once a year. I never made enough money at it to make it a business venture.

-
Back