Schwartz Performance G-Machine Chassis

-

S.Rodney

"Hang 10" owner
Reaction score
Schwartz Performance Introduces a G-Machine Chassis for 108” Mopar A-Bodies - Hot Rod Network

Schwartz-Mopar-108-A-Body-Chassis.jpg

How awesome would it be to bolt on a Duster/Demon/Dart Sport on this bad boy ? They even got the proper mounts for a Hellcat !!!

That’s awsome any idea on how much ?

Schwartz Performance Introduces a G-Machine Chassis for 108” Mopar A-Bodies - Hot Rod Network

View attachment 1715223367

How awesome would it be to bolt on a Duster/Demon/Dart Sport on this bad boy ? They even got the proper mounts for a Hellcat !!!

A local guy has one under a 50’s Ford truck with a new coyote and a t56 transmission, it’s a pretty impressive ride. Massive brakes and big sticky 18” rubber make it stick like a modern sports car...not sure I would bother with one under a car but under an old straight axle truck it is an improvement that could not be made with bolt on suspension.

I would do it in a heart beat if I could swing it! '68 Dart on that chassis with a hellcat engine and a 6spd! My dream car! Enough power to make me wet my pants and enough handling to play with vettes!

I would do it in a heart beat if I could swing it! '68 Dart on that chassis with a hellcat engine and a 6spd! My dream car! Enough power to make me wet my pants and enough handling to play with vettes!
But can you play with a Vette with wet pants?
Just kidding. I think this is awesome. I wondered if they would ever make one for an A Body. I watched a show once where they put one in an E Body. I was not a job for the faint hearted. Lots of cutting and trimming, but I bet it would be well worth it. That being said, you can get a RMS front and rear suspension setup for a lot less, and I hear they are awesome.

But can you play with a Vette with wet pants?
Just kidding. I think this is awesome. I wondered if they would ever make one for an A Body. I watched a show once where they put one in an E Body. I was not a job for the faint hearted. Lots of cutting and trimming, but I bet it would be well worth it. That being said, you can get a RMS front and rear suspension setup for a lot less, and I hear they are awesome.

I'd try! Lol
I bet it's a ton of work but I think it would be well worth it. I hear you on the RMS stuff. That's my long term plan along my 5.7 hemi and a 6spd. That's a little more budget friendly

The B body one on their website is $9500. Not sure what all that includes, but guessing accessories are add on costs. $9500 will buy you a pretty nice A body.

How the hell do you "bolt on" a unibody to that? Our cars ain't trucks with a separate frame.

View attachment 1715223367

It's going to run you $33,000 with all the goodies added on, and that's not including wheels and tires.

Plus, the car has to be cut up pretty substantially to bolt it to this chassis., but I bet it would be nice to drive once completed. It would sure look ugly under the hood though.

Heck, once you've decided to go this route, why wouldn't you add a 900+hp GM blown LSX motor and a 10 speed automatic to compliment your Ford rearend and GM style chassis?

Last edited:
Its the rawness I enjoy about my old Mopar. Modern cars are fast but you dont feel the speed ! I sell Acura , Porsche, Mercedes ,Jags and Rovers so I get to drive supercars often.
They do everything so well its anticlimatic .
I flew to Ohio to drive the new NSX at the Honda proving grounds track and when I got back my friends asked if it was fast.... I had to think about it.. Yeah..I guess so... was my response.

My wife just spent $8000 on some earrings...so I'm pretty sure if I buy this chassis in the next few weeks she won't say too much...

I'm no Mopar-purist myself and I like to upgrade my car with off-brand parts, but at what point would you stop calling your Mopar a Mopar...?

It’s a pricey thing that swing under a car.
I can see it’s use with a bent unibody.....

The instructions tell you where to cut and remove the sub frame and how to a-line & install.

-
Back