Scored some rims, now tire question?

-

1972Dart

Reaction score
Well the good news is that after walking around Hershey today in the rain :sad8: , I talked some wheel guy into selling me Weld Alumastar 2.0's brand new in the boxes, for $200 for both. I already minitubbed my dart and wanted 15x10's but couldn't pass up this deal. SOOO since I was planning on putting on MT 28x13.50x15's that fit a 10" rim I need to no the absolute largest tire width I can get on an 8" rim. Jegg's mag says 28x11.50x15 fits 8" rim and I could do that but I still have room for more. So does anyone know if I could still get away with putting on the 13.50's (has 11" tread width) on these 8" rims? Will they just be puffed out and wear in the middle or will they not even mount etc.

They will look real funny on there.

Heres my old 325-50-15s on a 8.5" rim. the sidewalls get pulled way in 2.5" in each side. Also the wider rim will stiffen the side wall up more and make the car feel more stable. a 12" would be even better then the 10"

IM000285.jpg

hmm, well thanX for the pic and info. Not sure what I'm going to do just yet.

If you decide to sell the rims let me know. I may stay with 8s and not mini tub my car.

I just looked on Summits site, Those rims only come in 3 or 4" backspacing so you would probably need a shortend rear to run them.

red barracudas are for sissy, girly, pink thong wearing jerks whose IQ's are only overshadowed by how much horsepower they think there car makes, even with there "500 HP RACE MOTOR" that was assembled by a 92 year old blind man with 3 ears who works next to a sndblasting booth.......jerk.

hope the car runs good,
Cousin Dave

I have a 275 Hoosier on 8" Welds and it bulges out some, but the tire seems to sit flat, 11.8 wide, I think a 295, 50 ,15 is about max, for that rim 12.8 wide
becareful on your back spacing, I shreaded my first set of tires after my car was mini tubbed I had 3/4 to 1" of space on the inside and when the tire rolled up going over a speed bump it shreaded my tire like a can opener
out came the sledge hammer and 1/2" of wheel spacers

I just looked on Summits site, Those rims only come in 3 or 4" backspacing so you would probably need a shortend rear to run them.
If you decide to sell the rims let me know. I may stay with 8s and not mini tub my car.

Adam,
I got a new 8 3/4 at Carlisle this summer and had it cut 3" per side and I just finished a mini tub. I have tons of room and that's why I wanted 15x10's could even go with 15x12 if I push it. Anyhow, like I said these 8 inchers fell into my lap so I'm probably going to use them for a little bit but I'll keep you in mind if that changes. I know they list in Jeggs and Summit as only whole numbers on backspacing, but when I put the flat edge against it and measured it reads 3 1/8" backspace. The guy said 3.5 but I checked and its exactly 3 1/8, not that an 1/8 of an inch matters but incase we did work a deal sometime. It'll just push the tire to the outer edge of my wheelwell but waste some space on the inside that I worked to make. Adam

1972 Dart I have done the exact thing with my Dart..15X10's and the Et Streets..Well I am now selling them..75 miles on them two small burnouts..I am taking them off becaiuse I don't like the stance of the car...350.00 (Can) or trade for a shorter tire..

I can email pics of car and tires if you are interested.

-
Back