[SOLD] Sears Silvertone Guitar

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

RustyRatRod

I was born on a Monday. Not last Monday.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
72   0   0
Contact seller
Yes, it is getting down to the wire for me to start giving up my guitars. But I have to do something. Won't you please help?

This is a Sears Silvertone electric hollow body guitar. I have never had it apart to find a date on it, but I know it is either a late 60s or very early 70s piece. The only blemish I can find on it is the upper pickup has chrome flaking in one small spot. Other than that, it is excellent. The guitar plays well. I have the action set high because I was using it for slide so you may need to have it readjusted. Very simple procedure. I am located in middle Georgia. If you do not choose to insure this, I cannot be held responsible for shipping disasters. I would rather not ship, but I will certainly do it if you want. I will pack it bombproof to the best of my ability. I am looking for 400 plus shipping.

Attachments

• SILVERTONE 001.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 272
  • SILVERTONE 002.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 277
  • SILVERTONE 003.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 262
Was I playing then? I don't remember. I've not played in so long I forget when the last time was.

Unfortunately, yes. I learned very recently that my hearing is so bad that I cannot play as well as I could. Like within the last few days recently. Really disheartening.

Unfortunately, yes. I learned very recently that my hearing is so bad that I cannot play as well as I could. Like within the last few days recently. Really disheartening.
That breaks my heart man:wack:. That's probably the crumbiest thing I have heard in a long time man.

Rob, 2 questions...
what's the serial number of that ax, and can it be adjusted down for pickin' and strumin' or are the bridge and nut for slide only?

319.14559 Kinda like a Craftsman ridin mower number. LOL There are two things regarding the action. If somebody got serious about it, I was gonna send good pics first. The roller bridge is adjustable so, you can put it pretty much wherever you want. The neck needs adjusting. I've never touched it because I don't know what the hell I am doing. I have always been told that as long as the neck is not bowed backwards, it can be adjusted out. It does have a truss rod, and it is very slightly bowed up, NOT back, so I have no doubt it can be adjusted out, "I" just don't want to do it and end up with a useless pile of wood. Because as it is now, it plays pretty good, but if you get real high up on the neck, it will short the strings.

Oh, and nothing about the nut has ever been changed. And I can pick and strum on it now.

Those old silvertones are great for slide. At least the acoustic ones. They were sold out of the sears catalogue. They dont have a rod in the neck and the action gets real high, great for playing slide!!!

Well this one has a strut rod. Here's some neck pics. You can see it's pretty straight. I have no doubt somebody that knows what they're doin could make it perfect.

Attachments

• GUITAR NECK 001.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 221
  • GUITAR NECK 002.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 203
  • GUITAR NECK 003.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 223
Cool. When can I see it?

I'm going to Tuscaloosa tomorrow, be back on Tuesday. some time.

I'm good today, and Wednesday.

I gotta drive into Gray and get Kitty's car from work and take it to Milledgeville to put gas in it. I guess I can throw it in the truck and meet you somewhere. You tell me.

How about in the parking lot over at the supermarket next to Ace Hardware. ( I can never remember the supermarket's name!).

What time is good for you?

Sold. Thank you Frank. Thank you for the ad, FABO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back