Seat Belt Donor Vehicle

-

mopar_nocar

Reaction score
I am headed to the JY tomorrow to pull some seat belts to replace my "safety belts" in the 72. Any late model vehicle(s) I should look for to get a set?

sb

I don't know of any OEM late model belts that would transplant easily. Most are incorporated into the seats or routed behind and through interior panels. A conversion van with aftermarket captains chairs maybe? Just depends on what your bone yards have.
Wesco and other aftermarket vendors offer 3 point belt kits. A little more coin for a lot less head scratching.

I just put mid eighties Dodge truck shoulder belt assembly's in my sons 70 Duster, they bolted right up and worked just fine, BTW I am getting another set to add to the back seats for rear shoulder belts, I haven't tried them yet but they look like they will bolt right up with a small mod.

Why bother mucking with old seat belts? If you actually plan on using them, get new ones. That old material wears thin after its been pulled through the guide a billion times, they age and get weak, they get nasty.

One of the few times I pull out the pocket book, and take a deep breath.

Well, got to the JY. Online the seat belt price was 9.99 per person. Pulled them, got to the counter and it was 9.99 for the retractor side and 7.99 for the receiver side.....so for 2 (with taxes) came out to 42.

Pair of new belts shipped to me from Amazon for 47.99. No brainer.

sb

-
Back