Seat tracks help needed

-

meathead66

Mod Top
Reaction score
On the picture can someone enlighten me as to how the seat bottom connects to the track. One of the holes on the seat bottom has threads, so assuming a carriage bolt goes thru the track and screws into the seat bottom how can you tighten the carriage bolt making sure there isn't any interference with the roller on the track. Am I missing something or does it take a special bolt?

IMG_1928.JPG

not an answer but have you tried putting the tracks in the car to make sure you have the orientation right = = everything lines up like its 'sposed to?

Last edited:
There are differences at times, so always good to mention the year of the car & or seats.

1969 tracks as one example have one stud that goes into the seat frame & receives a nut at the front & a regular hex head bolt at the back.

not an answer but have you tried putting the tracks in the car to make sure you have the orientation right = = everything lines up like its 'sposed to?
They came connected to the seats when I "garbage picked" them. Plus I'm talking about how the tracks connect to seat bottom.
1969 tracks as one example have one stud that goes into the seat frame & receives a nut at the front & a regular hex head bolt at the back.
It is from a 69 Dart; so are those studs available cause there is no way to tighten it down without having the nut interfere with the roller.

Last edited:
They came connected to the seats when I "garbage picked" them. Plus I'm talking about how the tracks connect to seat bottom.

It is from a 69 Dart; so are those studs available cause there is no way to tighten it down without having the nut interfere with the roller.
I was thinking it might help make what needs to be done clearer. Did you not get the hardware with the seats when you picked them?

I was thinking it might help make what needs to be done clearer. Did you not get the hardware with the seats when you picked them?
Nope, no hardware came with the seats and I’ve looked online for the hardware but don’t see any type of bolt that would work. I’ll prolly just drill out the threaded hole on the back bottom of the seat and capture the hex bolt with a nut. Appreciate the suggestion tho.
There are differences at times, so always good to mention the year of the car & or seats.
I get how it looks like it should be done but because of the square head and square hole on the track it needs to be threaded into the seat bottom. Kinda getting frustrated here. Sure would like to see a picture as to finished product.

the bolt doesn't interfere with the roller but actually serves as a stop to contain the roller assembly in the track. Factory used special bolts though. Early had a heafty round head. Yours had a under standard size hex head. The standard size hex head for this bolt size didn't leave space for even a thin wall socket to get there. I've seen allen socket head screws used here.
And by the way... both holes were stamped out square because the same piece is used left and right hand tracks. Opposite track has stud in opposite hole.

-
Back