Seat Trim for '63 Dart

-

Jim Kueneman

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyone have an original '63'ish Dart with split bench seats and the original trim that went on the back pivots they can post a photo of? Trying to understand if the ones Classic Industries has are correct.

Thanks

I have a 63 Dart 170 and mine doesn't have covers at all. It only has black painted steel hinge. The upper back upholstery covers the upper half of the pivot.

I did a google search on 63 Darts and all I found were the same, 170, 270 and vert. I did find a cover shown but it was on a 63 Valiant. I found bench seat pics of 4 different 63 Darts and all were the same. My seat looks like crap right now but is original. Car is from Nevada and only has 50,000original miles. Getting interior done in the next few weeks. No indication there was ever any covers on the hinges.

Just looked at the ones on classic industries. I wonder if they are supposed to be for the middle between the seats. Going to have to have a look when I get home now. Can't see how they would work on the outside pivots

Seat.jpg

Last edited:
I have a 63 Dart 170 and mine doesn't have covers at all. It only has black painted steel hinge. The upper back upholstery covers the upper half of the pivot.

I did a google search on 63 Darts and all I found were the same, 170, 270 and vert. I did find a cover shown but it was on a 63 Valiant. I found bench seat pics of 4 different 63 Darts and all were the same. My seat looks like crap right now but is original. Car is from Nevada and only has 50,000original miles. Getting interior done in the next few weeks. No indication there was ever any covers on the hinges.

Just looked at the ones on classic industries. I wonder if they are supposed to be for the middle between the seats. Going to have to have a look when I get home now. Can't see how they would work on the outside pivots

View attachment 1715394665
Thanks. Mine had clips on the black steel arms that looked like they were to hold trim on so I was postulating they had trim.

Anyone have an original '63'ish Dart with split bench seats and the original trim that went on the back pivots they can post a photo of? Trying to understand if the ones Classic Industries has are correct.

Thanks
Got these off a 64 while working on my 66.
-0937.jpg

DSCF4127.JPG

Yup those are the clips. Some one here is really good at making parts like this.......
If I had a set left, I would make them for sure. those seem to be missing most of the time and my last set went with the 65 I sold.

-
Back