Seatbelts with a twist.

-

MAPS

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello Experts.
I saw this with full assurance that someone will be able to answer my qualm
I'd like to know if this is it possible....Do they sell, racing. Seatbelts (4-5 point harnesses that are used with track cars that have rollbars and/or racing seats that have the cutouts to pass the belts thru them but........just as the lap belt ?
In other words the way the stock belts are on the car originally to be replaced with only those two pieces seat belt ?
No shoulder belt etc..

Thanks to all, anyone that most probably knows the answer and needs to educate a novice ...like Myself.

Thanks.
MAPS

I use a simpson lap belt in my Jeep.
upload_2020-10-13_20-45-29.png

It much easier for me to put on and off when I'm off road, especially since I got to get out quite often to help other people.

If you mean. Do they have tabs for bolt points that the belt loops in to? Yes, the shoulder belts can come as a one loop piece that just loops around the roll bar (still needs a mount to keep it from sliding side to side, per rule) or it can come as two separate pieces that loop threw bolt down tabs (there is one tab for each shoulder belt).

If you don't need one certified. I can sell you a like new 5 pt cheap. I have to replace my belts every two years.

In the belt above. The tabs are sewn to the belt.

@Greasyfingers

That's exactly what I'm looking for, now the important question (for me lol) do these hook on to the stock place where the original lap belts are attached to.(that holds them) or must I fabricate something else to hold them ?

@Blind Squirrel
Thanks for your reply, but I am looking for just lap belts to go with stock set up, no rollbars etc.

Thanks to both fur the reply.

Normally the tabs are bolted to another tab fabbed on the seat bracket, roll bar, or floor. You can answer your own question very easily. The tabs that come with the belts are straight (flat) pull. The brackets have no bends. If your mount points are outside those parameters. You will need to fab.

Also, there are two styles. The one pictured and a cam lock design. The cam lock is a bit different as in the sub belt is a permanent mount point to the floor which the cam lock is attached to and the side belts clip in to the cam. You can use the cam lock style if you like and just not use the shoulders belt slots. Where as the lever style come completely apart. I have 1 set of both styles in blue.

Last edited:
I'm not using, dying have shoulder beats, just the lap belts,. If they can be a straight "replacement" belt, I'm interested very interested.
Thks

I'm ok with the cam lock, but like I said, replacement as in the stock area, in fact if it's a little wider I don't mind. Help hold this Ol'gorilla down lol

BTW, Robert (Bob) looks like a project and a half, lol have not read all of it but I can tell you it sure looks interesting.
Hats off to you for your. "Modifications."
Now I know why you don't think changing seatbelts is a problem at all, that's child's play for you...
MAPS

-
Back