Secret second hobbies

-

Slantsix64

Reaction score
so, what's your secret hobby, mines is riding concrete!

F4DA72FB-13E8-48E9-A5B5-4F49C867CF04.JPG

IMG_0421.jpg

I COULD tell ya, but then I'd have ta kill ya, and the basement is gettin' a bit crowded....................

It's not a secret but I brew beer. Time to brew up another batch of Octoberfest or some oatmeal stout.

20180403_144931.jpg

sticky wicket.jpg5.jpg

Damn that looks nice and dark, I don't drink much no more, I drank at a young age and probably over Did it, but man dark beer is the best. So you have a brewer? Or is that what's it called.
I just ordered some Sticky Wicket Oatmeal Stout kits. (Mr beer) I brew in a stainless pot on a infrared hot plate, I ferment in a 5 gallon plastic pail with a snap lid and a spigot and I bottle in plastic or glass bottles. The brew takes a few hours, the fermentation takes a week or better The bottling just a half hour or so and then the bottles sit for at least a couple weeks to carbonate. The kit comes with all the ingredients you need to make a couple gallons. Dang, making me thirsty.

sticky-wicket-oatmeal-stout.png

sticky wicket.jpg6.jpg

I always enjoy taking pictures, but I don't have the hand or the eye to make them super nice. Looks good btw.
The moon was a long exposure without a tripod. I have one now. The windmill was with my cell phone on automatic.

I have a couple of 1990's Sony PD150 digital video cameras which I want to do more with. Have more than 35 thousand views of a nest family of Hooded Orioles and a few thousand of my '72 Satellite (before restoration).

-
Back