sedan quarter panel question

-

72Dinger

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm if the sheet metal from the front of the wheel opening back, and below the top belt-line, is the same on 70-76 dart hardtops + sedans? I know the overall wheelbase is longer on the sedans. I'm also aware that the sedan rear door "encroaches" on the area that would be rear quarter on the hardtop.

Question is whether section of aftermarket hardtop panel could be used on sedan. Thanks!
panel.png

the roofline is definitely inches different at the top of the quarter but i think i the wheel well mouldings are interchangeable sedan to HT. So he wheel wells must be identical if that helps?

The wheelbase hardtop and sedans are all the same 111", don't know where you got your info?!? I have the rear section of a 69 Dart 4-door next to a rear section of a 69 Dart Swinger and the quarter panel sections are identical except of course the 4-door is shorter at the front for the rear door, but it can be used on a hardtop.

The wheelbase hardtop and sedans are all the same 111", don't know where you got your info?!? I have the rear section of a 69 Dart 4-door next to a rear section of a 69 Dart Swinger and the quarter panel sections are identical except of course the 4-door is shorter at the front for the rear door, but it can be used on a hardtop.

Cool thats what I needed to know, I appreciate your checking. Maybe I was thinking dart v. valiant on the wheelbase length.

Are you saying a full factory quarters that include the roofline union are identical for 2 dr. HT and sedan are the same? I thought the sedan roof was longer?

Cool thats what I needed to know, I appreciate your checking. Maybe I was thinking dart v. valiant on the wheelbase length.
The wheelbase is different for 67-69 Barracuda and all Valiant, 108" along with the "fastback" Duster, Demon, Dart Sport.

Are you saying a full factory quarters that include the roofline union are identical for 2 dr. HT and sedan are the same? I thought the sedan roof was longer?
I didn't say anything about full quarters, rooflines are different as are front and rear windshields...

Can anyone confirm if the sheet metal from the front of the wheel opening back, and below the top belt-line, is the same on 70-76 dart hardtops + sedans? I know the overall wheelbase is longer on the sedans. I'm also aware that the sedan rear door "encroaches" on the area that would be rear quarter on the hardtop.

Question is whether section of aftermarket hardtop panel could be used on sedan. Thanks!View attachment 1715844966
I must ask, what damage are you repairing? Do you need a full 1/4?

I must ask, what damage are you repairing? Do you need a full 1/4?
The quarters are rotted/gone just behind the wheel well up several inches. Combination rust and impact damage. I will need to replace trunk drops. Additionally I have substantial rot and rust on top (12 o'clock position) of the fender well. There are enough dings and dimples throughout that I was planning to replace everything below and left of the dotted lines in my original picture.

Here is a picture of a 2-door and four door panels next to each other ( know bad pic, but only one I had on my phone). The marker light is in a different spot from the rear of the quarter, and the distance from the back of the wheel opening to the rear of the panel appears to be shorter on the four door. I will have to measure this to verify.

panels.jpg

-
Back