Seed truck??

-

j par

Well-hung Member
Reaction score
Well I think I'm going to jump off the deep end today! LOL I've been wanting to find a truck or car to start parting out. I found a 74 D200 that's still in pretty good shape with its hopefully original big block. From the pictures it looks solid that we'll see? Long bed single cab. I've got passenger side picture a front picture and a distant picture of the hood up. Or check until it has air conditioning. No picture of the passenger side and no picture of the interior. Clean Oregon title.
I'm certainly getting it at what I feel is the right price $400. But that money's got to get back in the bank like fire sale fast! So prices will be half two 2/3 of what anybody is asking for parts locally. I live in the city and it will take the Last space I have next to the garage and have to be disassembled and sold off or stored up quickly. No guts no glory...
You guys please tell me I'm NUTS so I don't do nothing stupid here! Thank you

How's the drip rail around the front of the cab?

Super, SUPER rust prone on that body style.

How's the drip rail around the front of the cab?

Super, SUPER rust prone on that body style.
Of course it looks okay from the Hundred Mile Away picture as I like to exaggerate. and what about the floorboards? Haven't seen one where the owner said yeah they're great and then you pick up the rubber mat that holds the water to the floor and you poke your finger right through it! I know I really got to get there in person. Look underneath the doors and see if they're savable roll the windows up and down to see if The Regulators or any good? Lots of question marks...

Does it run? Is it a 400 or a 440? What is rhe rear Axel worth?
He said it ran when he got it. He inherited it from a family member and basically is Intuit the money he's asking. Mostly for towing and renting trailers to get it there. He also said someone brought a battery which he said got stolen and they couldn't get it started but they were playing with the points or some damn thing like that so who knows? I want to check to see how long it's been since it had tags.

After you look it over post a picture of the truck and put a whole truck price out there maybe somebody will jump on it.
If that truck is complete and will start I would think it would be worth a grand or a little more.

After you look it over post a picture of the truck and put a whole truck price out there maybe somebody will jump on it.
If that truck is complete and will start I would think it would be worth a grand or a little more.
He's got it on Craigslist for the last 3 weeks or so of course not at that price but he's done with it and he's moving at the end of the month so it's kind of a fire sale for him too. I think he's like the school teacher or something and really knows nothing about mechanics. Not giving me the feeling that he's lying to me about it starting and running. Those U-Haul trailers don't have ratchet deals on them to pull them up and take them off so I'm almost positive he had to drive it on and drive it off.

He's got it on Craigslist for the last 3 weeks or so of course not at that price but he's done with it and he's moving at the end of the month so it's kind of a fire sale for him too. I think he's like the school teacher or something and really knows nothing about mechanics. Not giving me the feeling that he's lying to me about it starting and running. Those U-Haul trailers don't have ratchet deals on them to pull them up and take them off so I'm almost positive he had to drive it on and drive it off.

What he has 'into it' is only relevant from the standpoint of his emotions - nothing to do with the value.

The closer it gets to him needing to move, the more pressure he'll have to sell it (vs. paying someone to haul it off)

Time is on your side (unless someone else decided to buy it)

What he has 'into it' is only relevant from the standpoint of his emotions - nothing to do with the value.

The closer it gets to him needing to move, the more pressure he'll have to sell it (vs. paying someone to haul it off)

Time is on your side (unless someone else decided to buy it)
well now he's getting so close to scrap price for it he can just call a wrecker and have them take it away and they'll give him two hundred fifty buck or something...

Well I think I'm going to jump off the deep end today! LOL I've been wanting to find a truck or car to start parting out. I found a 74 D200 that's still in pretty good shape with its hopefully original big block. From the pictures it looks solid that we'll see? Long bed single cab. I've got passenger side picture a front picture and a distant picture of the hood up. Or check until it has air conditioning. No picture of the passenger side and no picture of the interior. Clean Oregon title.
I'm certainly getting it at what I feel is the right price $400. But that money's got to get back in the bank like fire sale fast! So prices will be half two 2/3 of what anybody is asking for parts locally. I live in the city and it will take the Last space I have next to the garage and have to be disassembled and sold off or stored up quickly. No guts no glory...
You guys please tell me I'm NUTS so I don't do nothing stupid here! Thank you
You are just bored because there isn’t enough snow to keep you fully occupied on the sleds. If you were, you wouldn’t even think twice about something like this until Spring!

You will be a mess if you get it and then you suddenly have a lot of snow to play in...

:lol:

Does you city allow junk vehicles to sit around?
If not you could be fined.
Instead of parting get the old thing running if possible, you will make more money selling it running.

If that 74 falls through I found a 73 3/4 ton North you that maybe you should check into.

1973 Dodge 200 Pickup
I kind of like this truck. I think 800 is fair. I suggest Jaw Par to look into this one, maybe they take 600?? Been on CL for 18 days. It might be better than the '74 he is looking at????

I kind of like this truck. I think 800 is fair. I suggest Jaw Par to look into this one, maybe they take 600?? Been on CL for 18 days. It might be better than the '74 he is looking at????
actually I can let the cat out of the bag that is the truck that I bought and is a 74 it doesn't have a 73 Grill. I got to cook dinner feed the dogs light the fire and get back to this thread in about a half hour. Here's something for you to chew on for a few minutes. What do you make of it?
IMG_20190206_162024.jpg

well now he's getting so close to scrap price for it he can just call a wrecker and have them take it away and they'll give him two hundred fifty buck or something...

So offer him $300?

-
Back