Seed truck??

-
I just drew number 72, they're calling number 25! It's been open for an hour and a half:BangHead:...
Looks like I'll have plenty of time to play on for a bodies only...

I just drew number 72, they're calling number 25! It's been open for an hour and a half:BangHead:...
Looks like I'll have plenty of time to play on for a bodies only...
Yup, plenty of time to think about...1 truck set up for sleds only in the winter, so you and the miss's can leave AT A MOMENT'S NOTICE of advancing/incoming snow. And 1 truck available to haul wood/ groceries/ presents for the grandkids.....wait a minute, for a second there I thought I was trying to persuade MY WIFE...Disregard this post.

Yup, plenty of time to think about...1 truck set up for sleds only in the winter, so you and the miss's can leave AT A MOMENT'S NOTICE of advancing/incoming snow. And 1 truck available to haul wood/ groceries/ presents for the grandkids.....wait a minute, for a second there I thought I was trying to persuade MY WIFE...Disregard this post.
Well that's what I built the sled deck for on the back of the truck. We're ready at a moment's notice. Slide the ramp out, drive them up on, clamp them down. It's really easy to take the sled deck out also. No more than 20 minutes farting around and it is off tilted up against our fence and locked up. Another 20 minutes of farting around and it's ready to load sleds.

I'm.... being.... tempted.... But I'm in the Seattle area and all the good trucks are in Portland.... :)
I would start a private conversation about that comment but your inbox I believe is full or maybe mine? LOL

and without a choke, 3 pumps..... :)
I haven't pulled the carb off but I'm going to assume that this is either not working the accelerator pump? Seems to run just fine when it's warm.. still though I clean the car with carb cleaner inside and out yesterday while it was running and I'm anxious to see if it may have unstuck something..

I haven't pulled the carb off but I'm going to assume that this is either not working the accelerator pump? Seems to run just fine when it's warm.. still though I clean the car with carb cleaner inside and out yesterday while it was running and I'm anxious to see if it may have unstuck something..
stop messing around before you find another spot to dump a 100

Too late! That's how much the half cord of firewood is going to cost me tomorrow...
Crapola.
I have one of the local tree cutters drop wood off thru the summer as he is cutting trees for people and needs to get rid of it. Just a guess I have 500 chords of uncut logs of firewood lined up on my road to the barn.
Drive that Dodge over here and load it up I'll give you all you want.

Crapola.
I have one of the local tree cutters drop wood off thru the summer as he is cutting trees for people and needs to get rid of it. Just a guess I have 500 chords of uncut logs of firewood lined up on my road to the barn.
Drive that Dodge over here and load it up I'll give you all you want.
Believe me if I had property this wouldn't be the case. It's nice as we live in the city to just be able to get it I half cord at a time and have it stocked up on the front porch nice and convenient like. My last house had three times the property and a way to drive through into the backyard and back then I would get a forest permit for $15 Accord and go cut it myself. My wife and I talked about getting property from time to time and obviously I love cutting chopping firewood so I would have plenty. Thank you for the offer lol

It's too cold there for him to paint the back bumper at the moment.
Honestly I was thinking of looking under there and trying to cut the bolts off with my grinder and take it inside paint it and put a new bolts up in there. I kind of like to do things right..

Okay update on the truck! LOL good news it fired right up this morning first touch of the key right onto high idle after a couple pumps of the gas first. I'm fully convinced that it was over timed and that is another reason why I was making so much valve noise. Which now has settled down considerably to a point where it's almost unnoticeable. And very much sounds a lot like the the exhaust and exhaust leaks. Put temp tag on and took her for a drive. I noticed it was having some issues earlier shifting into third, but this time I was able to really drive it out and see what was going on. It was just as I suspected the kickdown linkage was adjusted too far out. I turned it in three turns and it got better. I turned it in three more turns and it got a lot better and it feels like a few more turns and it will be perfect, but I kind of like where it's at for my shelf now. Also I had to be a little easier going around corners and giving it gas as it kept wanting to break the back tire loose. I drove it up to Mount Tabor and took a picture. On my way back down a foreign car tried to give me a little at a light and I was a little caught off guard. But when we got to the next light I was having none of that! I gave it a hard stomp it gave out a hard cough LOL and proceeded to fry the back tire clean by him! Leaving him completely in the dust. Then as I'm headed to the next light it completely dies? What the heck! I do this massive illegal left hand turn to get it off the road. It won't restart? I pop the hood---the coil wire pop LOL I popped it back on Fires right up spins cookie and off I go LOL price just went up to 2600- 2200 remembers...
You snooze you lose...
IMG_20190226_123039.jpg

So now you have a tire frying street legal badass big block truck for sale. I love it.

drive.gif

Last edited:
Those are the stories that I enjoy hearing. Sleeper vehicle startles and then BLOWS the dumbass away. When you line up against a tunnel ram and duel quads....you expect to get your *** handed to you. (Love the look of quads, but doubt you get as many people lining up against you??) JPAR- your thoughts/stories on this matter???

Those are the stories that I enjoy hearing. Sleeper vehicle startles and then BLOWS the dumbass away. When you line up against a tunnel ram and duel quads....you expect to get your *** handed to you. (Love the look of quads, but doubt you get as many people lining up against you??) JPAR- your thoughts/stories on this matter???
You know I really enjoy the Forum and I really like being able to have a story behind something. As a matter of fact tomorrow the story will continue, Lord willing we're going to get a half cord of firewood and I'll add more pictures. This truck can only go up in value. If someone doesn't jump fairly soon it's just going to stay in my stable for a while. The better it runs and drives the more I want to do some more of the little stuff. I'm not one of those guys that really advertises the more I work on it the more it's going to cost you but basically everybody is just going to see the price continuing to go up. There's no way that the value of this truck will go down. I sure appreciate you talking about the storys because I try to make them fun...

How thirsty is it.
My last factory 440 truck 76 W-250 club cab got 4mpg at best, but it was a beast.

-
Back