Seed truck??

-
Okay update on the truck! LOL good news it fired right up this morning first touch of the key right onto high idle after a couple pumps of the gas first. I'm fully convinced that it was over timed and that is another reason why I was making so much valve noise. Which now has settled down considerably to a point where it's almost unnoticeable. And very much sounds a lot like the the exhaust and exhaust leaks. Put temp tag on and took her for a drive. I noticed it was having some issues earlier shifting into third, but this time I was able to really drive it out and see what was going on. It was just as I suspected the kickdown linkage was adjusted too far out. I turned it in three turns and it got better. I turned it in three more turns and it got a lot better and it feels like a few more turns and it will be perfect, but I kind of like where it's at for my shelf now. Also I had to be a little easier going around corners and giving it gas as it kept wanting to break the back tire loose. I drove it up to Mount Tabor and took a picture. On my way back down a foreign car tried to give me a little at a light and I was a little caught off guard. But when we got to the next light I was having none of that! I gave it a hard stomp it gave out a hard cough LOL and proceeded to fry the back tire clean by him! Leaving him completely in the dust. Then as I'm headed to the next light it completely dies? What the heck! I do this massive illegal left hand turn to get it off the road. It won't restart? I pop the hood---the coil wire pop LOL I popped it back on Fires right up spins cookie and off I go LOL price just went up to 2600- 2200 remembers...
You snooze you lose...
View attachment 1715295404
You have made it look a world better. I'm glad it went back on the streets instead of being made into a fridge. And you use your jaws well as a salesman :D

You have made it look a world better. I'm glad it went back on the streets instead of being made into a fridge. And you use your jaws well as a salesman :D
Well I got to say the special price for members is now off the table. I've been getting quite a few calls on it and I'm absolutely positive as always the first person who shows up with cash is going to want it. Again I hate those ads that ask top dollar for their junk and then tell you how if they work on it and get it running that they're going to be asking even more!? But in this case I'm asking an extremely reasonable price for what it is and yes the price is only going to go up as I fall in love with it more and start working on it as my personal vehicle. When the weather gets nicer and I put more time into it there's no way I'm going to take less and less and let people call me and beat down my confidence. just threw the battery in and gave it a crank and it didn't start right away. I popped the hood and noticed the choke linkage is still sticking just a tad. I opened up the choke and went back and try it again and it fired right up....
and really the problem with a member buying it is they know exactly what I have into it and it's very hard for them to part with that much of a profit so I can't see a member wanting it...

Well off to go get parts for my 98 from the junkyard. I've grown tired of the driver's door lock actuator buzzing but not actually flicking locked up and down. As I always open the door for my wife she can't Buzz my door for me when I come walking around. Anybody want to guess what I'm taking to go get the parts for my newer truck?...

Looking jpar. I hope you are able to sell it soon and
Make your profit.
I just found a clean 01 I may go buy this week. lol

Screenshot_20190302-155304_CARFAX.jpg

Screenshot_20190302-155244_CARFAX.jpg

Looking jpar. I hope you are able to sell it soon and
Make your profit.
I just found a clean 01 I may go buy this week. lol

View attachment 1715297258

View attachment 1715297259
Nice looking truck! I really like my 98 on a whole lot. Again on my way to the junkyard to get a new door actuator. There 30 bucks at the Pick-n-Pull and the cheapest one I can find that's likely made in China is $81 at the parts store. The one I pulled out said made in USA.

I spent a little time polishing today.
Is it time to start lowering the price? LOL..
View attachment 1715298024 View attachment 1715298025
I don’t know why you even ask.

You fell in love with a flipper project and now there almost isn’t enough money to ever be offered to take it away.

I knew you lost your perspective when you started painting wrinkled fenders...LOL!

“I need the money back in my tax account ASAP”

Apparently not!

You fell in love with a flipper project and now there almost isn’t enough money to ever be offered to take it away.

I knew you lost your perspective when you started painting wrinkled fenders...LOL!

Apparently not!
It would be nice to have the money back and get back in the comfort zone, but we all know when taxes are due April 15th. If you heard my phone ringing off the hook everyday about this truck you know it's going to go quick. We just got to get all the tire kickers out of the way that keep calling and get one person over here with cash just like everything else I sell as soon as they see it and they're serious it'll be gone for what I'm asking.. I had a call from California two days ago one from Seattle 4 days ago and one from Montana just a few hours ago....
Have patience grasshopper...

I love that color! With it all polished up it looks very similar to my darts orginal color.

I love that color! With it all polished up it looks very similar to my darts orginal color.
Yeah it does give that burnt orange kind of feel..
I usually have a good feel for Craigslist and if you don't get any calls or you get one tire kicker you've got it priced wrong. At this point I'm just getting calls too frequently for it not to sell.

Apparently not!
I know the paint on the front fenders drives you crazy, but I'm so glad you seem to be the only one thinking that this isn't going to sell? I was wondering what else I could be hiding at this price level? Sometimes I wonder if it makes people nuts knowing what I actually paid for it and they didn't get that deal. I guess I should say where would you have stopped? Would you have left the tire's flat with rusty rims and all? Would you have left the nasty carpet on the floor? Would you leftt the seat uncovered? Would you left all the black plastic door panels and dash all dry and almost turning white? Would you have left the entire truck in a layer of mold? Would you have left the motor 16 degrees too far advanced? Would you have left the kickdown linkage so far out of whack that it would almost never go into third and the minute you tap the gas it would jump back into second? Would you have not put a battery in it? It's like all these easy things that just shows its neglect, but I've been trying to fix. Believe it or not I do value your opinion, but I have a tendency to shy away from the negative. Maybe for some prospective you could just post one or two of the vehicles in your area that are comparably better? To help me understand your perspective..
Just so you know from my perspective I've got like I said till the middle of April. We have our massive swap meet with over thousand booths and 50000 or more people the first week of April where I have a booth. If I needed to fire sale this and just double my money for $1, 500 or so it can go. but for the six or seven hundred dollars I have into it I could find a way to make that money back up and yes keep the truck. I do have options...

Last edited:
Yeah it does give that burnt orange kind of feel..
I usually have a good feel for Craigslist and if you don't get any calls or you get one tire kicker you've got it priced wrong. At this point I'm just getting calls too frequently for it not to sell.
God I love that color lol what is the color code on it?

My 85 did that you could go forever from full to half a tank and about 30 miles from 1/2 to 1/4 at 1/4 you better be finding a gas station.
Yeah, when I buy a older vehicle, I stop and put a few gallons of gas in it right away just to verify the gas gage moves.

I know the paint on the front fenders drives you crazy, but I'm so glad you seem to be the only one thinking that this isn't going to sell? I was wondering what else I could be hiding at this price level? Sometimes I wonder if it makes people nuts knowing what I actually paid for it and they didn't get that deal. I guess I should say where would you have stopped? Would you have left the tire's flat with rusty rims and all? Would you have left the nasty carpet on the floor? Would you leftt the seat uncovered? Would you left all the black plastic door panels and dash all dry and almost turning white? Would you have left the entire truck in a layer of mold? Would you have left the motor 16 degrees too far advanced? Would you have left the kickdown linkage so far out of whack that it would almost never go into third and the minute you tap the gas it would jump back into second? Would you have not put a battery in it? It's like all these easy things that just shows its neglect, but I've been trying to fix. Believe it or not I do value your opinion, but I have a tendency to shy away from the negative. Maybe for some prospective you could just post one or two of the vehicles in your area that are comparably better? To help me understand your perspective..
Just so you know from my perspective I've got like I said till the middle of April. We have our massive swap meet with over thousand booths and 50000 or more people the first week of April where I have a booth. If I needed to fire sale this and just double my money for $1, 500 or so it can go. but for the six or seven hundred dollars I have into it I could find a way to make that money back up and yes keep the truck. I do have options...
Honestly, I not trying to be negative...just realistic.

The work you put into the truck is fine, but the price has gone up beyond the quick flip value. I’m sure it will eventually sell, but at your price you will need to wait for just the right buyer. If the work you did was to expedite the sale, it’s well spent. But how much do you want to make for your efforts at the expense of having your money tied up and not taking out the profits quickly?

You’ve done all the work that the average buyer of a truck like this expects to do so that they get a great deal on the initial price just like you did. If a fast sale is what you want with a good profit, price it to sell fast by giving the buyer a great deal that they can’t pass up...and laugh all the way to the bank with a nice profit for your work.

I just think you have fallen in love with it and now see what you think it should be worth, rather than focusing on the fast flip profit you originally set out to get.

Honestly, I not trying to be negative...just realistic.

The work you put into the truck is fine, but the price has gone up beyond the quick flip value. I’m sure it will eventually sell, but at your price you will need to wait for just the right buyer. If the work you did was to expedite the sale, it’s well spent. But how much do you want to make for your efforts at the expense of having your money tied up and not taking out the profits quickly?

You’ve done all the work that the average buyer of a truck like this expects to do so that they get a great deal on the initial price just like you did. If a fast sale is what you want with a good profit, price it to sell fast by giving the buyer a great deal that they can’t pass up...and laugh all the way to the bank with a nice profit for your work.

I just think you have fallen in love with it and now see what you think it should be worth, rather than focusing on the fast flip profit you originally set out to get.
A fine explanation thank you for that!!

-
Back