SEEKING RECOMMENDATIONS ABOUT PROPER SHEET METAL PARTS - 1971 PLYMOUTH DUSTER FROM PERU

-

CEMACHICAO

Reaction score
Hey guys, new member here, greetings from South America (Peru),

I bought this 1971 Plymouth Duster a year ago, originally equipped with a 198 Slant Six under the hood and automatic transmission and 7.25 rear end, the previous owners made a strange change swapping the automatic for a 3 speed manual on the floor, but just adding a hole instead of transmission tunnel. I have some plans to replace the slant for a 318 (possibly stroker), an A833 A body unit and 8.75 rear end.

But at this moment my primary concerns are the old panels full of rust and bondo, and not to mention the possibility of been out of square. I would like to consult about the accurate body metal work for this vehicle, if you have any suggestions or advises with this project, considering that in these areas there a no proper body shops for this type of work without a chance to find new replacement panels, but with the opportunity to import the correct parts from the US, Would you suggest me some companies that I can find new panels for my project (currently available for this model)?

Perhaps you can suggest any additional work that I must assume in the rear end interchange, I found an 8.75 unit from another A body, possibly with a Sure Grip unit.

And also, Can I transform the K member so that it will able to carry a 318 small block? Is there any kit available for this purpose that you know about it?

Thanks a lot!
Cesar

5gYJWdr.jpg

W64gav1.jpg

fPNKlzn.jpg

Stzkjvp.jpg

b77z0WI.jpg

8fDQFHw.jpg

nFLAol4.jpg

OzVCeqo.jpg

Y2jGhox.jpg

hoSatvu.jpg

PSD: I would love to repaint it to its original GY8 color.

Did they ship many Dusters to Peru?

There's some interesting stuff on that fender tag.

L1XX- I don't think I've seen a Low Low interior option.

H25- what is that? Heater delete?

I- International?

...but it got a radio.

There were lot of Dusters sold in Mexico when I used to go there back in the '70s. Peru?
As for the K-member mount, Schumacher. I believe they make them in small batches and sell until they're gone resulting in a hit or miss for availability. Here is a pair for BB on a 6 that a member is offering.

Schumacher Conversion Mts. Big Block into "A" Body 6 Cyl. K Member

-
Back