Selling a running motor.

-

67Dart440GT

Seriously Long Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I currently have a running 383 727 for sale that is in my Dart. I've decided to go another route. I have an interested party that says he's coming from a long distance. Do you guys think it's unreasonable to ask for half down before I pull the engine? With all the flakes out there I'd rather not pull the engine if I don't have to at the moment for someone that won't show up. What are your thoughts?

I’d say if they are committed to coming then a deposit isn’t to much to ask. If they say no you could always tell them you will start pulling the engine and tranny once they get to your place/money in hand and they can help.

It takes so little time to get it on the floor. Don't pull it till it's ready to load. That way, people can hear it run in the car. Say you pull it and then the buyer doesn't show. Now another buyer wants to hear it run. Whoops.

He is requesting a video of it running which I have no issue with. I don't really want some stranger in my garage "helping" me pull an engine looking at all my tools and such. I'd rather the engine be on the floor ready to load so he can come, pay the balance and go. I'm not a fan of hanging out with people buying my stuff. Maybe I'm weird. Unless Rob showed up then we'd have a good Ole time haha.

He is requesting a video of it running which I have no issue with. I don't really want some stranger in my garage "helping" me pull an engine looking at all my tools and such. I'd rather the engine be on the floor ready to load so he can come, pay the balance and go. I'm not a fan of hanging out with people buying my stuff. Maybe I'm weird. Unless Rob showed up then we'd have a good Ole time haha.

Ha! You know it. Then do pull it, but leave it so it can be started on the floor. Easy enough to do. At least that way, no hard asses can say "it's not a runnin motor now". There's one in every crowd.

Last edited:
I cant blame you with all the nuts running around now.

Do you have a spare hemi we can drop in to get me home?

if i did, i wouldnt be putzing around with your 383

in all seriousness though, if you can sell it to member, you can make a wrenching weekend out of it, make some new friends

that would be pretty cool
(but i totally understand you not wanting to have strangers scoop out your garage)

-
Back