Sending unit issue

-

THEMESSMAN

Reaction score
Hey guys so I installed a new sending unit in my 65 dart and it’s reading full tank on the gauge even though there was only 5 gallons of gas in the tank can some one help me out on this???

If you still have your original sending unit you could send it out for a rebuild. There used to be some places that could rebuild, not sure if any are still doing it.

Look at post 4

Product Review: A100 Fuel Sender For 67 Dart

The problem with ALL aftermarket senders is they are linear but the tank and the gauge are not.
Wow that’s the problem I have it’s reading over full. And I don’t have the original one since it was rusted to pieces. So how would I correct this? Should I find another one or can I make this one work?

If you still have your original sending unit you could send it out for a rebuild. There used to be some places that could rebuild, not sure if any are still doing it.
I wish I could send out my old one but it was rusted beyond fixing the tank was left open for 40 years and when I pulled it out there was really nothing left.

If you still have the sender rusted or not it MAY be rebuildable.

The reostat is the most important part.

The pickup tubes can be replaced, I bought one from a wrecking yard. It too was a rust bucket but it had a good reostat, I was able to get another sender but the reostat was missing.

Little things like that can save yet another sender.

If you still have the sender rusted or not it MAY be rebuildable.

The reostat is the most important part.

The pickup tubes can be replaced, I bought one from a wrecking yard. It too was a rust bucket but it had a good reostat, I was able to get another sender but the reostat was missing.

Little things like that can save yet another sender.
Do you know a place that does rebuilds on them? I was able to get an original one!

-
Back