Setting Up a New 3rd Member Question

-

Divenut

Reaction score
Hey Folks,

Moving the Duster project along slow but sure. I'm now to the point where I am ready/need to tend to the rear end. Currently a peg leg 742 w/3.23's, going to a Suregrip unit (Dr Diff) and 3.91-4.11's. I should have no problem getting the center section out and back in once it's built, but I am pretty much clueless when it comes to setting up differentials. So I will need to have someone, or a shop, in the area do the set-up for me. Any best guesses on what the going rate to swap in the Suregrip and new gear set would be? Just try to get an estimation on the labor so I know what sort of funds to set aside.

Thanks all,
Pat

Somebody that knows what they are doing and has the right tools can knock that out in an hour easy, but who knows what they will actually charge for it.
We charged about 1.5 hours.

My Son in law took his truck in for rear end gears replacement and it went back 3 times before it didn't blow up in the first week, but the 4th set is noisy as hell.
I tried to tell him to take it from that guy, but noooo.

My point is don't settle for half assed or excuses why "that's the way they are" BS.
Make them do it right or make them pay someone else to do it right.

The Doc will sell u a complete pumpkin all new and set up perfectly.Then u have no hassle for any kind of warranty. Cass is the man. Kim

-
Back