SF Bay area mechanic needed!

-

MitchDart

1964 Dart 270 Owner
Reaction score
I need to find a mechanic in the greater SF Bay area for my Dart. Got a '64 with a '69 or later /6 in it (based on number stamp and blue color).

Engine runs pretty pretty good, very minor clatter, and will cruise at 75 mph. Electronic ignition, water pump, alternator, rebuilt suspension and other work done, But it eats oil like crazy and needs steering box rebuild, and instrument work. I've had work done by very reputable and nice guys, but expensive, and not always available, nor on focus with what I want done.

I'm upfront, I have no motor/ wrench skills but learning a lot of what should be from this forum, and I'll logic check/ research someone's bullsh-t.

Hopefully from San Jose, to Napa, to Stockton or points in between there's someone cool and honest who can help me with my ride.

Suggestions...

The slant 6 tuning guru of the world lives right here in Sunnyvale. He rebuilt my slanty and it was amazing. Reasonable prices too. His name is Doug Dutra. Google him. You can contact him through Slant 6.org too.

He is a very good man and does great work.

Dutra is amazing. He even produced his own exhaust manifolds (Dutra Duals) at one time. The Bay Area stretches over 100 miles, so sounds like you are OK leaving the car for extensive work. Also, cheaper to get it all done at once. Parts can take time to scrounge, so you might want to visit for an inspection, sign a contract, leave a deposit, then return the car when they have all the parts ready to go.

-
Back