Sharktooth grille park/turn lamp pigtail issue

-

RockinRobin

Reaction score
So I bought a pair of pigtails for my 1971 sharktooth grille from Classic Industries part #3513307. Tried them on and they don't fit, they are too small to twist into the socket.
Apparently the pigtails for '71 and a '72 are different, and Classic doesn't make the ones for the '71. Any idea where I can find the right pigtails for this grille? The hole for the pigtail is perfectly round and has a small screw hole at the 6 and 12 o'clock positions but an arrow with the word "LOCK" over the top of it. Is there a piece that goes in between the two?

I sounds like your missing a piece. The hole should have the notches for the socket to twist and lock into, and yours saying yours is round. I have an extra grill at home I can check after work tonight if nobody chimes in.

Thanks! Also would you be interested in selling parts of the grille or is it a keeper? I'm missing some of the fins.

Last edited:
Ok, the first picture is a factory sharkstooth. The second picture is a standard grill.

IMG_20190530_181204.jpg

IMG_20190530_181636.jpg

IMG_20190530_181658.jpg

That's weird. Mine has the large round hole like the 2nd photo, but the 2 screw holes are flush on the back of the plastic, not on raised bosses. It looks like someone drilled out the tabs and jury rigged two holes to mount the screw type in there! So I guess the screw type would work.
Oh ok, I guess as long as you can secure them your ok.

Ok so here is my solution, since the type that use screws are also $100 a pair:
here is what the hole looks like, someone removed the twist tabs!
20190606_142506.jpg

I got a couple of big washers and drilled the inner hole out so it would accept one of the cheap snap in type pigtails. I think these are about $6.99 a piece.
20190606_142532.jpg

After a little trimming on the bench grinder, they fit in the space nice and flush!
20190606_142753.jpg

I glued the washer to the plastic with epoxy and they are curing right now.

Ok so here is my solution, since the type that use screws are also $100 a pair:
here is what the hole looks like, someone removed the twist tabs!
View attachment 1715345723
I got a couple of big washers and drilled the inner hole out so it would accept one of the cheap snap in type pigtails. I think these are about $6.99 a piece.
View attachment 1715345724
After a little trimming on the bench grinder, they fit in the space nice and flush!
View attachment 1715345725
I glued the washer to the plastic with epoxy and they are curing right now.
Good thinking, nice work around!

-
Back