She know she bad

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
Reaction score
I cant stop the thrill of the hunt. Even though I am done buying cars I still find myself going through back roads and alley ways, to see what old cars might be hidden from the main roads.

I am going to start taking more pics of what I find and post it here. This thread is just for eye candy. I may have bought or simply found most of these. Nothing for sale and I wont tell you where they are.....so don't ask!!

enjoy some raw unrestored eye candy

20190223_155426.jpg

View attachment 1715303487

20190129_170924.jpg

20190302_154554.jpg

It gets in your blood, there's no way to quit. I have been dragging them in since 1978, I was 14 when I got my first one. I can't travel anywhere without looking, but like you said its the thrill of the chase. I can't afford to keep many nowadays, but I've owned as many as 12 at a time, I traded in them one year so much the DMV told me I was going to have to get a dealers license! That was back in the 80's. I only keep around 3 at a time now. I have loved every minute of it and met some interesting people along the way. Rani your a Mopar junkie like us all! Have fun and Mopar to Ya! Love your thread, keep the pictures coming!

This is so odd..........lately I've found myself doing the same thing. Looking at the back end of properties, or at the house behind the house, wondering if there is a treasure there.

I'd be all over that green Fury if I found it in my neck of the woods.

I think I identified 4 of those as yours, Rani.....

I'm with you on the 66 Fury. I learned to drive and took my test in Dad's 66 Fury III in the early 80's. It was a trade in. Dad was the only mechanic at the dealer to have ever serviced/worked on it. Original owner walked into the shop in 1976 and told him they wanted to give him $500 for it towards his new 76 Volarie, and asked dad if he had $500. The story goes that it took dad a month to get the extra $500 together. The back seat had never been sat in. The next 2 Christmases, he gave dad a card with $250 and a note stating he thought $500 was too much for the old Plymouth, but knew he loved the car. We had it into the late 90's.

We all know it is a disease. Some also call it crooked drivers neck, or old car gawking, etc.

The wife keeps showing me Olds and Chevs she sees on FB marketplace. I will soon call her bluff and yell out, " we gotta go to the bank and pull out that $5000 and get that sucker QUICK!!" ha

Last edited:
LOL.. do that all the time. Found my 1st 2 bodies for race cars that way.... they were just tucked in the back of garage lots....

Rani , there's no cure for the Mopar hunting disease, but some of these may ease the pain.:thumbsup:

IMG_20190315_184851.JPG

I like the pictures, Rani.
I also have been known for my gawking in alleys and fields off the beaten path, and have done so for many years.
But thanks to my stellar self control, i haven't got nearly the amount of cars and parts that you have..............lol!

You develop a "radar" and sense for what kinds of areas are likely to yield their dead.

I got that tingling sense the other day, drove around the block from my normal path, and...65 catalina convertible, and a "JFK assasination" suicide door lincoln.

Yesterday stepson calls and says there is a 64 barracuda, just down the road 50 yards away sitting in a garage sorta thing! Who would da thunk!? The dad is selling off all his tools and the son that owns the car is 28 an started parting out this 273 4 speed rust free one owner car out 8 years ago It was a running driving car., Wants $1000 but the front spindles, rear end, springs, eng., trans etc is all sold off 8 years ago! It is ALL apart, all. Title, original window sticker is there, BUT... and YES fender tag is MIA. Funny part is I have gawked for 1 1/2 years since in Texas and DO I ever see anything!? NOooooooooooooo.
I thought it was hilarious coincidence.! No I ain't gone part it and NO I ain't gonna put it together with all the parts I have for it.

Makes me want to save them all. I know what i'll be dreamin of tonite.

You know those Roadrunners are good projects IF you can get a decent one worth the $ !! You know a nut and bolt restored 68-70 Runner car will bring some pretty big $$ but it takes a heck of lot of work an $ to get it there. I have had many but I don't want to build a fine one, and then sell it because I fell guilty owning a $25-30,000 toy!!!!

Funny but, yesterday, the wife and I made a 8 hour trip West to dry Tx area, and brought back 76 F body, Volare FunRunner, it is a wagon what ever its called got a factory spoiler on the roof behind the luggage rack! I think they are called. The seller picked it up from the original owner, still has the original title never transferred. All there but the rad. has been in a barn since 92 last time driver!! He called it rough, I call it a good project, very little rust, good frame, very straight, needs a door handle, and a lot of love!! Has the roof rack and the rear spoiler, 318 col auto, air. Seller turned down some good offers for the perfect grill and roof rack, but he did not want to see it parted. I need to get a pic!! He is a wagon guy but only has room for 1.
Wife loves my 62 Lancer! ( hahahahahha!!???). I like it too, but.... I have looked for a Toad wagon project to go with it, but the few I found are too many $ for what they are IMO.

OK Rani how any did you haul home!?? The truth!!

Last edited:
I'm like a smart old hunting dog now..I see them but know I'm to long in the tooth to catch anything.. The thought of another project is a quick, or not so quick thought these days.. but it's great to see them.. always looking in garages when doors are open.

Now it's like buying a lottery ticket when I look, I know I'm not going to win, but thinking what I would do with the money is worth the price of the ticket.,

Just curious how many automobiles do you have?? Lol I love the collection!!! I wish I had the room and money I'd have em piled up too!!

I can't help.but look for old cars, any and everywhere I go. I've been told on vacations there will be NO car hunting of any kind. :( So if I do see something, I just smile a little and move on. If I'm by myself, I'll go wherever I need to just to see what might be there.

I can't help.but look for old cars, any and everywhere I go. I've been told on vacations there will be NO car hunting of any kind. :( So if I do see something, I just smile a little and move on. If I'm by myself, I'll go wherever I need to just to see what might be there.
Proof that spouses and parents ruin a good car life. It's tragic when people just don't get it :eek:

Proof that spouses and parents ruin a good car life. It's tragic when people just don't get it :eek:
Told I have too many, I need to sell something, (no I DON'T!) not allowed to have more than one at the house at one time. I wonder if I'll get an ultimatum sometime soon.

I've had a few people come in the store and tell me about where a "car just like that" is in the county somewhere.......and in multiple places. I am going to investigate soon. lol

Of course, there's the one guy who said his Uncle had a rare 64 race Hemi Valiant from the factory. I just smiled and said "Oh, really?"

Ha! I think I know who owns that Roadrunner but he’s not in Colorado
Maybe, they were on cl for awhile, I went to look but I can say for sure that I didn't drag home any more b bodies. They are really neat cars but my heart is in an A body.

I really do prefer a nice duster or dart over a road runner. Strange huh, I am not in this for the money, i am in this for what i can drive in road trip that i will remember my whole life. I am convinced that heaven will be a road trip/ fishing trip through the Rocky mountains in a duster with loved ones :D

-
Back