Shifter boot?

-

dvboth

Reaction score
SB755.jpg
Anyone know where I can get shifter boot for b-body bench seat car with a pistol grip shifter? The last two I got from brewers performance and they were terrible, they both ripped after several car shows, literally a couple hundred miles!

Part #SB755

If they are tearing, have you looked for the reason, cuz that's not normal. My guess is the boot is not properly centered over the stick, or the stick is not properly centered under the boot, or the stick is not in the factory location.
Comments?
Pictures?

If they are tearing, have you looked for the reason, cuz that's not normal. My guess is the boot is not properly centered over the stick, or the stick is not properly centered under the boot, or the stick is not in the factory location.
Comments?
Pictures?

What he said!!

dvboth --- I totally agree with you. Got a boot for my Demon a couple years ago. Installed it , and it split overnight without the car ever being moved or transmission shifted. I wish they were made in America and not overseas.
Yote

View attachment 1715149393 Anyone know where I can get shifter boot for b-body bench seat car with a pistol grip shifter? The last two I got from brewers performance and they were terrible, they both ripped after several car shows, literally a couple hundred miles!

Part #SB755
I personally haven't purchased this style, but always have great luck with Detroit Muscle. Call Jim, he'll be a great resource

If they're splitting where the stick comes thru the hole
then they're sized wrong or
they're junk
The boot should be shiney
The one in the picture is sorta flat and coarse looking.I have seen this kind of rubber before, and in most cases, that kind of rubber has no inherent strength, kindof like an old rubber band that's been in the sun too long.
The shiney ones, like the factory had, can last for;lessee how old is mine? hmm; I think it's a 1969 model, so 50 years-ish

-
Back