Shifter linkage bushings

-

D-mailman

Reaction score
1972 Duster 340 Auto. Need the plastic linkage bushings (2) one on the transmission side and one on the frame side. Need a source Chrysler doesn't make them anymore. Hoping there is an aftermarket company that makes these.

Thanks.

1972 Duster 340 Auto. Need the plastic linkage bushings (2) one on the transmission side and one on the frame side. Need a source Chrysler doesn't make them anymore. Hoping there is an aftermarket company that makes these.

Thanks.

Have a look at the attached PDF file, and look at part number 22140. If these are the ones you're looking for you should be able to get them from ANY transmission shop, or I know you will be able to get them from a Trans-Star parts distribution center for sure. They're not uncommon in the transmission industry.
The part number 22140 I don't believe is a Trans-Star part number as the company I worked for was not a Trans-Star outlet.
If you need more help let me know, as I can get them from my old employer.

Attachments

• trans bushings..pdf
    372.3 KB · Views: 187
RT Specialties might be worth a look. Not sure if 72 and 73 are different but I know they have these kind:
20170315_215825_HDR.jpg

ATP makes the push in type. Part # is at home, I am not. Year one= too expensive

Might also do a Dorman search. They USED to make tons of this sort of stuff

Might also do a Dorman search. They USED to make tons of this sort of stuff
THANK YOU ALL for your reply's . Thought I was going to have to hunt them up in junk yards. I have tried Dorman at local parts store. Only a ford part I had to drill out to get it to work,..sort of,.. work. The 22140 is one that I need. Will those work on both the frame and trans. side ? Again THANK you !

THANK YOU ALL for your reply's . Thought I was going to have to hunt them up in junk yards. I have tried Dorman at local parts store. Only a ford part I had to drill out to get it to work,..sort of,.. work. The 22140 is one that I need. Will those work on both the frame and trans. side ? Again THANK you !
As I recall yes they are. If you want I can get the 22140 bushings for you. Send me a PM.

Transman, what brand is that 22140 part number ? Let me see if I can get them locally if not I will PM you.
There was no brand name on them. We were a transmission parts distributor and we bought them 50 or so at a time. Sometimes they were black in color other times white, but it made no difference, they both worked as they should. When I had the transmission in my Challenger done, I had the bushings installed at the same time. No issue with the fit. As I said in my earlier post, ANY transmission shop in your area should have them. I was never in a shop that didn't have them.

-
Back