Ship a motor from California to Buffalo or Toronto

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Contact this guy. I used him once, and i'm going to use him again to ship a motor for norcal to socal. Jeff Levy he's from freightquote.com
800.323.5441 x1280. Just get a quote so you get an idea. Tell him Ray from Cupertino sent ya.

I've used Engines Direct a few times with good success. Not sure if they'll be able to ship it over the border though, haven't needed to do that yet. I'll PM you the info for the contact I have there.

I've used Freightquote before. Personally, if given the chance, I'd rather use Forward Air.

Personally, if given the chance, I'd rather use Forward Air.

X2 on Forward Air. Have used them 3 times on shipping engines and once on a transmission - 1st time a 340 short block from LA to here in VA, 2nd a complete 340 from Chicago to VA; 3rd a complete Honda motor from here in VA to Little Rock AR and used them to ship a complete 833 and all associated changeover parts from here in VA to somewhere in CT. Very reasonable prices every time.

So these motors being shipped by you guys, how does it go? The seller has to crate it or strap to a pallet? The shipper picks up at sellers door and ships to your door? I'm very curious because i'm buying a complete 340 with auto trans attached (air cleaner to oil pan, exhaust). It's 17.5 hrs one way and fuel in my truck would cost like $650. round trip! I'm looking at alternitives although i would really like to check it out in person.....put hitch on my gas misser car(40mpg highway) and small open trailer. Car manual states it can tow 1000lbs.

So these motors being shipped by you guys, how does it go? The seller has to crate it or strap to a pallet? The shipper picks up at sellers door and ships to your door? I'm very curious because i'm buying a complete 340 with auto trans attached (air cleaner to oil pan, exhaust). It's 17.5 hrs one way and fuel in my truck would cost like $650. round trip! I'm looking at alternitives although i would really like to check it out in person.....put hitch on my gas misser car(40mpg highway) and small open trailer. Car manual states it can tow 1000lbs.

The seller will usually have to crate or palletize the engine. Most shippers can pick up at a residential address and ship to another, BUT that usually costs more. If the seller can drop the engine at a shipping terminal, or you can pick the engine up from one, that reduces the price quite a bit.

If the seller is willing to crate/palletize the engine for you, you should be able to ship it, even door to door, for less than $650. I've shipped hemi's with Engines Direct from the midwest to CA for a little over $200, but that was door to terminal. Also, if the seller (or you), is a long way out from the terminal, then additional charges will apply for residential delivery.

You could always put it on Uship and see what bids you get. Maybe Jennifer will come get it for you since she likes the west coast sun.

spotlight-uship.jpg

http://www.uship.com/

Dave,

I have used 2 shipping companies in the past that have terminals located on River Road in Tonnawanda N.Y. It's just a quick drive over the border to pick up.

Let me know if you need their name and address.

I put a big block in the trunk of my Diamante and it closed! Throw the trans in the back seat (seats removed) and make it a road trip..chips, sodas, a buddy and tunes! 17 hours maybe, cross country..that may be a little too much friend...

We run a restoration shop in Niagara Falls, Ontario. I think you're better off to have it sent to an address on the US side. We have a PO box there. Send me a private message and I might be able to point you in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back