Shipping bucket seats?

-

DodgeLad

Skipped the Light Fandango
Reaction score
Hi, I have a person hundreds of miles away that wants to buy two front bucket seats from me. They are entire power seats -- seat base with motors/trim and leather cushions. They weigh around 40-50lbs apiece I'm guessing. I really don't want to spend a lot of time readying them for shipping as I'm nearly giving them away just so they find a good home. What's the easiest and cheapest way to get them moved? I thought about a UPS Store dropoff but I know that's the most expensive route for the buyer. Any help is appreciated.

Hi, I have a person hundreds of miles away that wants to buy two front bucket seats from me. They are entire power seats -- seat base with motors/trim and leather cushions. They weigh around 40-50lbs apiece I'm guessing. I really don't want to spend a lot of time readying them for shipping as I'm nearly giving them away just so they find a good home. What's the easiest and cheapest way to get them moved? I thought about a UPS Store dropoff but I know that's the most expensive route for the buyer. Any help is appreciated.
Fastenal or Greyhound usually comes in Cheapest.

Last set I shipped, I had to buy 'closet' boxes at U-haul, then UPS ground was the cheapest.

Two boxes total & the seats had to be taken apart to fit.

With the extra gas, time & all involved, I do not ship them anymore.

Only 100 miles? I’d be driving and picking them up. What’s the buyers problem?
He is in East Tennesee and I am in New Mexico. Heck could be a thousand miles for all I know. If he was in West Tennessee, I would be willing to drive to Amarillo. That would still leave him a lot of miles.

Any prep work on my end? I just want to drop them off and be done with it.

I'd at least wrap them in cardboard & maybe some shrink wrap. Fastenal may require them to be on a pallet...

He is in East Tennesee and I am in New Mexico. Heck could be a thousand miles for all I know. If he was in West Tennessee, I would be willing to drive to Amarillo. That would still leave him a lot of miles.

I read wrong. Thought it said a hundred miles not hundreds of miles.

Place I use to ship boxes things for me. See if a place will crate them for ya and pass the cost onto the buyer.

When I got mine one was flipped over upside down on top of the other and in one box about half the size of a refrigerator and via UPS, but I don't know what shipping was because it was free with the purchase.
I can tell you I recently sent a 25 foot heavy duty extension cord to PA from AZ and it cost me 42 bucks.
It was about 30 lbs.

With the extra gas, time & all involved, I do not ship them anymore.
Thanks everyone.

UPS quoted me $856 to box and ship. I tried Central Freight and it was $400+ and that didn't include palletizing.

I will probably donate them to my favorite parts yard. No hassle there. And I can walk the yard, one of the most relaxing zen-like experiences I know. :)

Fastenall strap them to a pallet and done prob 150 or so. Go to the 3PL website and do a quote, need both store zip codes.

-
Back