Shipping cars

-

71scamp78

Reaction score
Looking at possibly buying a car out of Texas and I'm in Indiana. Was thinking of shipping due to it being a 1k mile one way trip. Anyone know of reputable shippers and have any experience with shipping and payment. I would assume I'd pay the owner through his local bank via wiring the money. Obviously I would verify who he is and that he is legit. I bought my last car by wiring money and called his bank to verify him and his address worked out fine . I actually went and picked that car up though. Thanks

Looking at possibly buying a car out of Texas and I'm in Indiana. Was thinking of shipping due to it being a 1k mile one way trip. Anyone know of reputable shippers and have any experience with shipping and payment. I would assume I'd pay the owner through his local bank via wiring the money. Obviously I would verify who he is and that he is legit. I bought my last car by wiring money and called his bank to verify him and his address worked out fine . I actually went and picked that car up though. Thanks

Your end will be pretty simple. Wire the money and they will send you the Title. Have them send it Fedex Express. And if necessary pay the price to do that. It has a much better chance of getting in your hands and can easily be tracked. Adding to that if you still work send it to your business address....

JW

The absolute most reliable way to ship a car is to go get it yourself.

A few years ago (before covid) I tried shipping from alberqurque, nm to Colorado Springs, co and every shipping company made it so difficult.

They have a knack for complicating the situation 10 times worse than it has to be. They are so picky about everything and want to tack on a charge for every little thing.

Does it run? Sure hope it does... if it is a runner, will it start on the first try?? They really don't give a 2 ***** about you or your car, which to them is just another pile of **** old car.

You'd be headaches and arguments free, to just borrow a trailer and ROAD TRIP!!. Take your time and enjoy the ride. I just went and picked up the car in NM and saved a bunch of money and time.

ROAD TRIP!!
Then you get to talk to all the folks when gassing up = We used to have a car just like that, sure brings back memories.

Life is short, don't miss out on the fun along the way.

74Swinger.jpg

Is the car finished and nice or is it a project ?
Many shippers will not haul a non running car.
If nice do you want enclosed or open ? Price is higher for enclosed but worth it if the car is $$$$$.
Stay away from any Brokers.Really bad luck with those guys.
I've had the best luck with Reliable Auto Transport (the big orange rigs)
If it is a valuable car ask if the transport is door to door. I had one car that ended up in a warehouse and got lost by the shipper :BangHead:.
Payment by wire transfer (best)or certified bank check as stated above FED X or Next Day Air USPS.

When the right deal comes up, just grab and go. While others are trying to secure a deal, you are already rolling down the road with the prize.

1230171459.jpg

Contact J.d. Fleece through Facebook. He hauls cars to all the auctions and other places.

Find a little guy shipper with one or two trucks, then the car will go straight from A to B.

You don’t involve the car owner in the shipping payment. You pay the shipper for his services directly, usually when they deliver the car.

Don’t use a big name shipper with multiple trucks. Your car will be lost and take a month to arrive.

Where in Texas is the car? If it is close to me, I'll go have a look at it for you. Better than sight unseen.

I have used UShip to move 4 cars for me, never had an issue. You will have multiple carriers reach out to you, so you can use that as leverage to get a good price.

The Online Shipping Marketplace

Also, just saw this pop up when I was getting the UShip link.

https://quote.carshipguys.com/

I think it really depends on the type and value of the car you are shipping.
The last 3 cars I bought were shipped from NJ to FL, MI to FL and OH to FL.
These were pretty nice original cars. A couple RT Challengers and a Dart Swinger.
I used Reliable.
They were not the cheapest and cannot guarantee an exact PU or DO day, but they were great.
Professional, courteous, and easy to deal with.
I did not want to save a few hundred bucks and deal with a bunch of issues.

-
Back