Shipping something to Canada

-

iw378

Reaction score
Long story short. A guy wants a griil i have , he lives in Canada.
What shipper would you guys use for cost effectiveness on the buyers end.

Only use the postal service when shipping to our northern friends in Canada. There are many threads about this....

USPS all the way!!

Only use the post office...

FedEx and UPS will charge excessive "brokerage fees" that you won't have with the post office....

as mentioned...USPS however do not ship International flat rate Priority as you will not have free insurance protection. They won't open a case for lost or damaged packages. Never got an explanation on why just "that's our policy", even though you get a tracking number. Ship regular USPS International Priority Mail and you get free insurance up to $200. and they can open a case for lost or damaged packages.

I live "up there" in Canada.
To all my American FABO friends, Please use USPS whenever possible.
UPS & FEDEX etc. charge $14 & up just for brokerage fees. I learned my lesson the hard way. Several years ago I bought a book for $10, shipping was 6 or 7 dollars. UPS tried to soak me for $14 brokerage for a little over a dollar in federal tax. I refused the package & went to Canada customs myself so I could pay them the slightly over a dollar in tax. Canada customs is located near my city's airport. Not everyone is that lucky.

As stated, USPS is the only way to go unless he lives just over the border, in which case you can ship it to an american address (there are american companies that do this) and the Canadian can drive over the border to pick it up in person.

i like when ups comes for payment a month after youve received your package up here, if u dont pay it goes to credit collection and screws your credit rating.hopin our dollar stays high right now, need somne new parts!

I had good luck with fed ex shipping up to Canada.
I avoid ups because I got hosed by them years ago.

Now I have a mailbox on the American side

canada_americas_hat.jpg

-
Back