Shipping suggestions/ideas?

-

m52duster

Reaction score
Heres the situation, I have located a pair of NOS quarter panels outside of Detroit Mi and I'm in Phoenix AZ. Unfortunately the seller doesn't want to crate and ship them. Is anyone planning a trip in the next few months from the Detroit area to AZ and have room to safely transport these two panels? Any other thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thxs

I would like to see the options myself. You can locate a stand alone crating company but the seller will still have to put some work in.

No matter the route it won't be cheap...

JW

I might try an RV travel site or two. My parents are snow birds and something like this should fit in well (maybe not quarter panels) with the way these olde timers travel if some one could set up the logistics. May take some time to get things sometimes. Just a thought.

Used to be a show on cable called shipping wars. Private small trucker people would bid on shipping small stuff. I looked it up online and their are such truckers. But that was years ago and I can't remember what site was called. Some are called HotShot

Try finding someone in Mi going to a big car show that someone in Az is going to as well. Arrange a drop off and pickup at the big car show(mopar nats??)

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that Greyhound bus is a decent alternative for larger objects that are hard to crate but light enough to handle. But you're going to have to get him to at least have the local Postnet/UPS Store or something bubble wrap and then wrap them in cardboard. Doesn't need to be a box, just protected. Insure them of course.

Like so
00q0q_88uLE2mjTTp_600x450.jpg

Fastenal will ship them, if the guy will get them to the store.

Wow wonder when that stopped, shipped some fenders last year Steve. Might be a Canada thing I will ask next time I am there.

Fastenal won't ship body parts.
Beware of Grayhound. They can't track the package. Will insure only to 300. Might take a couple months to ship. Good chance they will lose it. Takes forever to get a claim out of them. I used them of years until they started losing my packages and I'm talking really big packages like floor pans and hoods.

I could probably get them from Detroit to The Nats in Columbus, if you have someone heading back to AZ. Detroit only 60+/- miles North for me.

My opinion of Slowenal is low. Got a back seat stuck in Atlanta waiting for space on a truck for two weeks. No thanks.
AND really wasn't cheap.

Thanks for the ideas an offers to help. I don't know anyone headed to the Nats from PHX at this time. There are plenty of snowbirds that come to AZ when the snow starts flying, that could be a possibility. I also have family in central NY and thought about flying to see them. Then renting a mini van, driving to Mi and then home to AZ, but they really bend you over on a rental when you don't return it to the place where you picked it up. Thanks again for the replies.

Not anymore. I called them, they dont ship body panels anymore.

I just went through this with Fastenal and some body panels. They no longer deal with oversized pallets. It has to fit on a 40x48. However, creativity goes a long way with that measurement.....

JW

-
Back