shipping time after pay pal payment

-

6.1cuda68

Reaction score
What is a reasonable time to ship an item after payment has been made through pay pal ? For a part for sale in the parts section.

Thanks.

What is a reasonable time to ship an item after payment has been made through pay pal ? For a part for sale in the parts section.

Thanks.
It depends a lot on the details, but up to 2 weeks is reasonable. The seller should keep the buyer informed of the shipping schedule.

It can take time to pack an item and get it to the shipper. Also, most folks work jobs so getting time to do it can take a little while.

I’m at a month now.....

I usually have the item on it's way the next business day after payment. anything more than a week is bullshit

I usually have the item on it's way the next business day after payment. anything more than a week is bullshit
This is the norm these days. I think you only have 30 days to make a claim through paypal. So if the guy hasn't sent it in 30 I open a claim. A claim will lock His paypal account and that will get his attention.

3 to 5 days at the most. I would also do the pay pal claim. He will move a whole lot faster if his money is locked up.

Crap happens.

IMO, once a buyer receives funds it's up to them to keep the buyer clearly updated on progress with an estimated shipping date and tracking number if available.

Going dark is complete BS unless they are in the hospital, dead or on the north pole. Most any cellphone can send a text or email now. Being to busy to take 2-5 minutes sometime during a day to message is a BS excuse as well.

Send a note politely asking about shipping progress and gauge any response you receive. If it goes unanswered...

Our post office is open Mon-Fri so that' a limitation People have spouses, heart attacks, amputations, **** themselves...you name it.
2 different things to not receive part for a month OR no contact for a month.
Could be held up at border? Ask for tracking number?
From a member here? Was it me?
Good luck

Last edited:
Our post office is open Mon-Fri so that' a limiation. People have spouses, heart attacks, amputations, **** themselves...you name it.
2 different things to not receive part for a month OR no contact for a month.
Could be held up at border? Ask for tracking number?
From a member here? Was it me?
Good lick
No 4sp your good lol

Thanks lol. I just went back and had to edit my earlier reply....damned new phone and the b.s. with it lol.
Good lick...wth?? Lol
Have you had any contact with seller?
From here?

Don't get to the 30 day mark. You are out of protection unless paypal has changed the terms. I basically want an idea of when it will ship from the seller. At that point I will give a few extra days because things happen but it needs to be in transit with a week. Past that anything on my side of the ponds (lol) I will receive with a week.

You have to protect yourself. If you don't know the person stay on top of it. Sadly people have the best of intentions and just can't follow through as they promise. Communication is key as it is for most things in life anyway....

JW

Unless otherwise stated I’d expect it to be out within days of payment. If it’s gonna be longer for any reason it should be communicated.

It can take time to pack an item and get it to the shipper. Also, most folks work jobs so getting time to do it can take a little while.

The issue I've seen is a lot of folks put a part for sale then pack it up.

Take the damned pics and then pack it up. Act like it's already sold and ready to go. People post an item for sale and then act surprised it's sold.

Kinda like the idiot who gets up the cash register and then acts surprised he had to pay for his purchase, fumbling for his wallet, figuring out cash or card. Shouldn't you have this figured out before the cashier tells you the total?

-
Back