shipping tires

-

famous bob

mopar misfit
Reaction score
anyone ship any tires lately? What was the cheapest way to ship ??
Boxed up / binded together? labeled seperatly and shipped loose ?
Who with ?

I have an account with Fed-Ex so the price drops from the casual walk in. I would wrap them a clear plastic separately. I like there shipping prices but I’m not in love when they deliver to me. LOL!

Greyhound is very inexpensive, I don't think you even have to wrap them just make sure they have a good label that can't rub/fall off. you can easily go on line and get a good estimate on shipping cost. All you need is the weight and the longest length (tire dia in your case).

Greyhound . They ship depending upon space in the bus and you have to go to the terminal to pick up . So, if you send tires separately there may be not enough room for all of them , so , the balance will go on the next one . It's never happened to me but that's their policy .

Greyhound . They ship depending upon space in the bus and you have to go to the terminal to pick up . So, if you send tires separately there may be not enough room for all of them , so , the balance will go on the next one . It's never happened to me but that's their policy .
Yes, but because Greyhound only cares about length and weight you can duct tape or zip tie 2 or 3 tires together...maybe even 4 tires together depending on tire width. You actually get a better deal shipping 2 or 3 tires together because that way it's only considered one item. That way they don't get separated. I've shipped tons of car stuff through Greyhound (frame rails, some tall bucket seats, fenders, etc). It all arrived on time within a day or two. treblig

anyone ship any tires lately? What was the cheapest way to ship ??
Boxed up / binded together? labeled seperatly and shipped loose ?
Who with ?
We ship a lot of tires at work. We only use fedex and ups so I’m not sure about the other shippers. If you’re shipping singles or they can’t be bound together, in a box is usually cheaper. If you can bind the, they have to stay under special handling weight, make sure you but a label on both in case the become separated.

Tire rack ships via UPS or FedEx. I had to use them as a tire supplier from a dealer program. But every tire we got only ever had a shipping label stuck on it over the treads. I don't believe I ever lost a tire or had one turn up missing/damaged. But they shipped loose fine.

Tire rack ships via UPS or FedEx. I had to use them as a tire supplier from a dealer program. But every tire we got only ever had a shipping label stuck on it over the treads. I don't believe I ever lost a tire or had one turn up missing/damaged. But they shipped loose fine.
Tire rack probably gets a commercial discount. If you can ship to a friend's business address you can get a discount also.

Tire rack probably gets a commercial discount. If you can ship to a friend's business address you can get a discount also.
No doubt.
I never paid to have tires shipped on that program.
I was just commenting how we received them. They were never wrapped. Just a shipping label stuck on the treads of the tires. We pulled them off when we mounted them.

-
Back