shipping to the netherlands

-
i would have to measure it but what it is is the steering box adapter plate for a d/w dodge truck. they are known to crack. it bo;ts to the frame and steering box bolts to it. it may fit in a padded envelope i would think.

I would think the USPS would be the best for that. I would sandwich it it in some cardboard inside the envelope. The shippers love to abuse your packages !
Might have to fill out a customs form. No big deal.

With usps you are at the mercy of govt employees who can't be fired... I used to ship Triumph door parts all over the world. After dozens of issues with damage and lost parts I started using UPS exclusively. Much better outcome

I’m in Canada but have shipped to almost every country in the world. I use the mail most of the time. Depending on location and price it can take up to 2 months to get there. Kim

With usps you are at the mercy of govt employees who can't be fired... I used to ship Triumph door parts all over the world. After dozens of issues with damage and lost parts I started using UPS exclusively. Much better outcome

UPS and FedEx like to charge extra fees when shipping out of the country... They like to underestimate them and then hold the package hostage for the receiver to pay extra "brokerage fees" at the border in order to deliver the package....

USPS does not...

I have shipped a few Time to Sweden, keep it under two pounds that's about the cheapest way.

Have you looked into DHL?
They are a major player in Europe and I see more and more of them being used in the US

I believe my parents used DHL to ship some "artwork" to the Netherlands, years ago

Have you looked into DHL?
They are a major player in Europe and I see more and more of them being used in the US

I believe my parents used DHL to ship some "artwork" to the Netherlands, years ago
That’s a good point. I almost never ship DHL. Mostly because I never think of them. Kim

DHL, still in business in Canada?
Haven't they been out of business for years, here in the USA?
Ya, there still here. I see them in town every once in awhile. I called their 1 800 number for a quote to send a crank from Saskatchewan to Ontario. They were almost 3 times as much as FedEx or UPS. Kim

I see DHL trucks here. I think they went through a US bankruptcy a few years back.
DHL ended domestic pickup and delivery service in the United States in 2009, effectively leaving UPS and FedEx as the two major express parcel delivery companies in the US. Limited domestic service was still available from DHL, with the packages tendered to USPS for local delivery.

Dunno.
Found this on GOOGLE.

I had DHL deliver to me on Tuesday (well, they were the original shipper, USPS made the actual drop)

But that came from a company
I just supposed they ship for individuals aswell

Where exactly in the Netherlands is this going, anyway?

I've had packages undelivered by the British postal service, also Germany, France and Italy.

After not being able to deliver my parcels they wanted more $$$ to ship back to me. Too much hassle.

I guess if I was still in that biz, and selling thru Ebay, I'd use their international shipping service.

One of my supers at UPS (drove for them during Christmas rush) was on special assignment in France when they bought a package carrier and rebranded them UPS when they entered the Euro market.

He said that carriers local drivers would come back at the end of their day and simply dump their packages in a big pile and the next morning all the drivers would look thru the pile for packages with their areas postal code and load them
The ones on the bottom of the pile might be there for a month before someone found them and finally made the delivery.

When UPS announced they would be installing conveyors to move packages to the correct vans the drivers went on strike. It took months of labor disputes before they finally convinced the workers you could deliver a package anywhere in France in less than two weeks!

-
Back