Shock recommendation

-

Mysons68dart

Reaction score
My wifes dd is a 2003 suburban. We bought a 1996 four winns 20 ft sport boat in 06, and going to the river is about 300 miles. Towing the boat is a dream with the burb. So last year the wife and kids ( adult kids ) was complaining about the ride (not towing ) and as i had never replaced the shocks before i replaced them with some ranchos which are not heavy duty enough. Now the burb lowers when putting the boat and payload and actually rubs on the inner fender well. Im not asking you guys what i can do in conjunction with these i just i would rather buy and install a heavier set of shocks .
Boat 3100lb
Trailer 800lb
Max trailer weight 8400lb
GCWR 14000lb
What do you guys think ? Thanks in advance.
I know how we love photos so im throwing one in.
Gary
20180613_150216.jpg

My wifes dd is a 2003 suburban. We bought a 1996 four winns 20 ft sport boat in 06, and going to the river is about 300 miles. Towing the boat is a dream with the burb. So last year the wife and kids ( adult kids ) was complaining about the ride (not towing ) and as i had never replaced the shocks before i replaced them with some ranchos which are not heavy duty enough. Now the burb lowers when putting the boat and payload and actually rubs on the inner fender well. Im not asking you guys what i can do in conjunction with these i just i would rather buy and install a heavier set of shocks .
Boat 3100lb
Trailer 800lb
Max trailer weight 8400lb
GCWR 14000lb
What do you guys think ? Thanks in advance.
I know how we love photos so im throwing one in.
Gary

Some people would use a supplemental airbag type lift fitted to the rear suspension that can be "turned off" when not towing.

There are others that would use a lift leveling hitch with an anti sway away brake, which doesn't affect the tow vehicle ride when not in use, but allows you to keep the rear end of the tow vehicle level. In fact, I've seen demonstrations that show the back wheels of the tow vehicle lifted completely off the ground to prove a point.

Still others would use both and some Bilsteins.

I installed air bags on a 1998 Durango I used to tow a good bit. Worked great!!

-
Back