[WANTED] Shock Towers 67 Barracuda

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
My 383 67 Barracuda shock towers are rusted at the base, but the frame rails are OK. Trying to source Good shock towers, and fab them in. Any input would be appreciated....I've read not to patch them for a number of reasons, and I want to protect the value of the car. I want to do a proper restoration....

Don't waist your time put a used clip on it . I do them all the time you cannot tell it was replace when done and its the easiest way. I just did a barracuda FB

DSCN2866.JPG

DSCN2867.JPG

DSCN2869.JPG

We did one in a week end, Local guy Mike "dusterdawg" drove it in on a Friday and drove it out on Sunday night. Slant 6 72 Duster. He is a member here. My son charged him. $800 and we supplied the clip. we did not clean or paint it he sprayed it with a black rattle can before we put the motor back up in. We put the car on the lift when he came for bushings. It almost broke in half. He was diving it every day like that.

I always liked fixing them when they were bent bad . But when it comes to paying the bills I had to take the rust work that no one did.

The 2 pics are of a 4spd duster we did. He can do it cheap, or He does do it and clean everything removed including small parts. two car garage behind my house that my son still works out of. But I get to act like the supervisor.

So you can do it yourself with a little time and some tools. Members on here will guide you. But I would not repair that area you are talking about. I have been doing this a long time. Once that area rusts the rails are usually rusted bad from the inside out.

Clips are getting hard to find. That is why Dave "69383valiant" cut that clean more door up. Or he could just hate more doors? I tried to talk him out of it , He wouldn't listen. He was determined to give me the AC parts. I didn't want to make him feel bad. But he did have Jim standing on his shoulder holding a pitchfork saying "Cut it Dave Cut it"

DSCF2718.jpg

DSCF2719.jpg

DSCF2722.jpg

DSCF2723.jpg

DSCF2727.jpg

DSCF2730.jpg

DSCF2731.jpg

DSCN1379.jpg

DSCN1380.jpg

DSCN0969.JPG

I agree with the front clip. It’s pretty straight forward. I made a rack to roll the car around on that bolts to the bumper holes, with that and an empty K frame, squared that puppy up and buzz buzz buzz. I can see if I still have the frame rails for the shock towers. I most likely scrapped em though. The last picture is more for the rack. I saw at a good handful of front clips at carlisle last year

C8742207-0F96-42A8-A905-186D994088DE.jpeg

6BFF78CE-FBC6-49E7-ADF5-86E24579F80B.jpeg

F106EB28-DC4C-45E2-BDFA-F4D394CC36FD.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back