Shop on the hill for Victoria and my sons hobbies

-

memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
For a few years now this has been in the works, savings account was set up back in 2012 and the day has finely came to start throwing money at it, dirt work (by my sons and I) then we prepped for concrete and a big tree had to be removed and stump removed.
The shop is going to be 36X40, with 12 foot wall, I know, never big enough

000023.jpg

000025.jpg

I miss seeing my sons, so to address that problem I figured a shop would get them here on the hill near me for years to come, they pay 600 a month for there shop in town (Rent sucks) so... :). :lol:.. So on with to day the concrete came to the hill :thumbsup:

000080.jpg

000083.jpg

000084.jpg

000085.jpg

000086.jpg

000088.jpg

000090.jpg

000089.jpg

000091.jpg

Tuesday of this week my son and his crew (My son builds homes) him and his crew has framed up 37 homes this year so yes :thumbsup: he know what he is doing and has the new tools to get this dun :) and quick I must say :D:D:D This was yesterday and the metal was ordered and will be here around noon today, but my son is heading to a siding job so it may be a day or two before we get things moving again :popcorn:

000094.jpg

000095.jpg

000073.jpg

000076.jpg

000077.jpg

000075.jpg

000074.jpg

000078.jpg

Tuesday of this week my son and his crew (My son builds homes) him and his crew has framed up 37 homes this year so yes :thumbsup: he know what he is doing and has the new tools to get this dun :) and quick I must say :D:D:D This was yesterday and the metal was ordered and will be here around noon today, but my son is heading to a siding job so it may be a day or two before we get things moving again :popcorn:

View attachment 1715110926

View attachment 1715110927

View attachment 1715110928

View attachment 1715110929

View attachment 1715110930

View attachment 1715110931

View attachment 1715110932

View attachment 1715110933
Nice! But I have to ask you about the 8 foot spacing on the trusses. I’ve never seen that before. I presume that you will be adding purlins too, but what size will they be? Any snow loading requirements where you are? This spacing really worries me Mike. I don’t doubt your sons’ abilities, but would you explain the reasoning behind this? I don’t design structures out of wood, so I am trying to get a better understanding of different techniques.

Nice! But I have to ask you about the 8 foot spacing on the trusses. I’ve never seen that before. I presume that you will be adding purlins too, but what size will they be? Any snow loading requirements where you are? This spacing really worries me Mike. I don’t doubt your sons’ abilities, but would you explain the reasoning behind this? I don’t design structures out of wood, so I am trying to get a better understanding of different techniques.
Oh they still have to put drop hangers in for 2X4 cross bracing up between each truss :thumbsup:

Nice Mike. I'm glad for you. Way to go.
Thank you R4Sedan, having this building will be a good move to a better life because my wife will will see me smiling even more, seeing my two sons every day is a super win win :thankyou:

:thumbsup: Oooooohhhhhh yaaaaaa! I remember breaking ground. I know how you feel. Congratulations! Big time.
Thank you! Life Iis good so lets live it like we mean it brother
congrats! more family time sounds like a W for everyone involved.
thank you! Now i have a place for a family reunion.. i will be the fist in my family to start having one. Win win for sure my freind

Wow....This is Great news Mike !
Really Really happy for you !!!!!
If anybody needs to find you, I got a feeling where you will be. :)

Nice stuff Mr. Mike!
Thanks Mike, now I can use some of my Air tools :lol:
Congrats!! Pretty fancy for Ar.!!!!! Glad it will bring in more family time and more smiles.
I have to agree there barbee :rofl:

Congratulations Mike. Combining shop time with family time is a win-win. Great fall pics. Have fun!
I will do 4spd, looking foforward to tomorrow the metal is waiting on the crew to get back at it
Jealous, wish I had enough land to build something half that size.
Looking good.
Thanks, I
it took Twelve years to get what I have..
Looks great!

Well ! I have everyone updated :) tomorrow my son and his crew will be here tomorrow morning early (no time for deer hunting) becouse the metal is on the hill waiting for them to get it in the dry :thumbsup:
blessed is this man on the hill :)

Oh Mike, this is so sad to see.

It's seriously gonna cut into your fishing time....
:rofl:

Seriously though, that is looking great. I'm jealous and waiting for more pics....

Looking good Mike, glad to see it coming together and know it is a super feeling to have a nice place to work on Victoria and spend time with the boys. I have not seen a lift like you used to lift trusses. Looks like that helps hold it upright until you get it braced off. Proud for you brother, keep the pics coming, Joe

-
Back