Shout Out To Laysons!!

-

Duggie

Reaction score
So when we bought this '64 Dart last year, it had a new carpet rolled up in the trunk. After using POR-15 on the floor pans and adding a layer of sound deadening, I figured it was the right time to plug in the new carpet. Of course I tossed out the old, ratty carpet. The new carpet didn't fit! Everything I tried to lay out the front half, left this carpet looking like an oversized cheap suit.

I was at Laysons, buying $15 in heater control fasteners, and mentioned how this new carpet had me wearing my butt for a hat. Dave Layson asks who's carpet it was. I told him it had his sticker on the part number. He says, "Bring it down on Saturday, and I'll help you get it to fit right." Come to find out it was an automatic transmission carpet and my Dart is an auto - conversion to four speed. Layson asks if the car is a driver or a show car. "It's a driver." Layson says he can make it fit 'pretty good' if I want to get some wear out of it, but it isn't going to be perfect. He worked on making that auto trans carpet fir my four speed floor for three hours. In the mean time his mechanic repairs the "Farm Fix" - slop job on my accelerator pedal linkage. They did all this for no charge! Saved my sorry ***, and wouldn't take any money for it.

I can't say enough good about these guys. They have opened hoods so I could see what my car should look like, loaned me a specialty tool when I was assembling my engine, and given me countless tips on fit and trim while looking at (and under) my car. The instant gratification when walking out the door with the part I need to keep on driving 'aint bad either.

Thank you Laysons! We are on the road and grooovin!!
Nanc.JPG

pretty cool, now that Im moved here to Puyallup I plan on stopping in and meeting the guy, bought a few parts already

That is by far the best recommendation if a company I have ever read.

I will check with them first before buying parted in the future

Sounds like this guy is a real human ..I need to start buying my parts from him!!!

You cannot beat service like that. I've bitched about their prices in the past, but prices are only a small part of it. Service like that deserves recognition.

Sounds like they figured out who buys their lunch, the customer! Good for them, old dog learns new trick.

Yeah, I really feel fortunate to have them in my back yard. I've lost track of how many times they have looked at my '64 and pointed out something that was backwards, sloppy fixed or just plain missing. Everyone at Laysons are truly enthusiasts. You can hear it in their voices when talking with them.:)

Given them credit where it’s due. When I first joined this site their reputation wasn’t great. I made the trip across the border to their shop to buy parts in person several times and more recently have purchased items and had them shipped. All great experiences for me.

You cannot beat service like that. I've bitched about their prices in the past, but prices are only a small part of it. Service like that deserves recognition.
Price is TRULY only part of it. I've gotten to the point where I'd rather pay more for a known good quality/service than try to find something cheaper. Be it car parts, food, anything.

-
Back