show and tell! Firm Feel sector shaft brace

-

wracks71

Reaction score
i was poking around on the Firm Feel site the other day before i ordered my t-bars and found this. i went ahead and got one with my t-bars. it braces the sector shaft to take the load off of it during hared cornering. i plan to put it on in the next week or so with the t-bars. hopefully it goes on easy!

View attachment DSC03868.jpg

View attachment DSC03870.jpg

Cool.. Let us know. I read Ehrenberg installing the prototype on a vehicle in MopAction, and he seemed impressed. Easy install and good results.

Grant

Hey I was looking at that! I think its a nice piece and would compliment any aggressive street handling car...I'm gonna get one for my 68 cuda...:)

I bought one for my Dart but haven't installed it yet. I have one of FirmFeel's reworked K-frames in there too. The K was definitely money well-spent.

I was a little leery of the article in MA (which is typically top-notch). Ehrenberg didn't actually do a before/after, which is NOT normal for him. He just bragged it up without actually measuring anything or doing any kind of empirical assessment.

I will, on the other hand, be measuring stuff. I'm curious because the new mount mounts to the K-frame and the K-frame is what was flexing, so I'm not sure how that will work to reduce flex? If you look at the MA article, the kit FF is emulating has a HUGE mount to tie the box to both frame rails, and it seems that would be more effective.

We shall see!

I bought one for an E body I'm doing. Time will tell if its worth it.

Looking forward to meeting you at the RTTS this year.

same here! we need all the mopars there we can get! we are on track to be there,just not looking forward to the drive.

Same type of idea as what guys do for the Dodge trucks...the steering boxes flex alot while turning...so this same idea encapsulates the end of the steering shaft coming out of the steering box. Should work very well, but I have no experience with the install. Let us know how it works.

Same type of idea as what guys do for the Dodge trucks...the steering boxes flex alot while turning...so this same idea encapsulates the end of the steering shaft coming out of the steering box. Should work very well, but I have no experience with the install. Let us know how it works.

that is the first thing i thought of when i saw it! especially because i have that brace on my cummins diesel!

ya got a part number for them? i had a set of chrysler SB shorties at one time, no way they could fit.....ran right into the steering box...

I wanted to know if anyone has tried the steering brace on ram truck. I have 2010 ram 2500 and wondered if this is a worthwhile up grade?

never mind, i found them! wow, pretty neat, but dang, only 1.5" primary tubes....now thats gotta rob some power.....??

DD7_600.jpg

never mind, i found them! wow, pretty neat, but dang, only 1.5" primary tubes....now thats gotta rob some power.....??

Big tubes dont always mean more power. Check out Comp Eliminator motors. Friend of ours has a 600" motor, and tried some smaller diameter tubes...picked up a little on the top end actually. I'd bet 1.5" tubes are plenty for almost any small block, unless an all out race type motor.

sweet. had i known these were around, i woulda put these bad boys in my 68 cuda with modified 318. remember that headache thread of mine with the Dougs headers?!

well i got my hotchkis strut rods(pain in the ***),1.060 t-bars,and the box mount installed today. i took a couple cell phone pics of the mount installed so all can see how it goes on. it was raining like hell when i got done,so i guess tomorrow will be test drive day!

View attachment 294632

View attachment 294633

Just what I need, more stuff RIGHT there! No thanks..wont fit mine.

-
Back