Show me 4 barrel kick down linkage 74 dart sport - picture attached

-

4mulas

Fixem'up
Reaction score
Hello, have a dart sport 360 car but now has 340 727 in it. Think I may have the wrong kick down linkage on it. Both the angle and the height look off to me. I do have a ld340 intake so I can understand the height issue, but would like to see the kick down rod at a straighter angle if I could.
What do I need to fix this? What is right? And could people post some pictures of the right set up if this is wrong. Thanks.

T
66D01255-D526-48DE-BB91-CD1182845431.jpeg

Hello, have a dart sport 360 car but now has 340 727 in it. Think I may have the wrong kick down linkage on it. Both the angle and the height look off to me. I do have a ld340 intake so I can understand the height issue, but would like to see the kick down rod at a straighter angle if I could.
What do I need to fix this? What is right? And could people post some pictures of the right set up if this is wrong. Thanks.

TView attachment 1715905515

Looks like the wrong rod to me. Doesn't look like the slot is pulled all the way up to the throttle, so it is too short as well as all the wrong bends.

FYI, only the rod shown is wrong. The rod that goes down behind the block and the one from there to the trans are the same between the 2bbl and 4bbl.

I don’t have a picture anymore of my edlebrock set up but there was an arm I had attached to my linkage that moved the bolt holes to match up perfectly with the edlebrock throttle.

Would help to have more pix. Can't really tell from what you have posted, but thinking maybe the pivot arm is bent toward the center of the motor. If so, pair of vice grips might could straighten it out. The rod from the carb definitely should run straight back from the carb instead of angling toward the center of the motor.

DSCF0084.jpg

Last edited:
Also, the correct rod should have a bend in it at the rear so it runs straight back from the carb then at the rear bends over to the pivot. Doesn't look like your rod has that bend.

20220411_115511.jpg

thanks Kim. I think the one on the right is probably what I need. Going to get into the shop later today to look at more closely.

Do you have any extra’s a guy could buy?

i think the measurement from the bracket at the back to the throttle shaft would be some what important? I can measure mine later. What is the distance on the ones you’ve posted?

I’m going to be using a new Edelbrock annular AVS 1906 with the proper 1481 bracket on a LD340 intake.

maybe I have the wrong throttle bracket too, I will take better pictures and post later…..

If it were me, I'd get a Bouchillion or similar cable set up and call it good

If it were me, I'd get a Bouchillion or similar cable set up and call it good

All he needs is the correct rod. Seems like a much easier swap that starting over with an aftermarket setup. Take about 5 minutes to swap and he wouldn't even have to get under the car. The cable setup would involve jack stands and a fair amount of monkeying around.

If you go to mymopar.com, you can download a free factory service manual and that should have pictures or drawings of the correct rod you need. In any event, it will have tons of good information.

All he needs is the correct rod. Seems like a much easier swap that starting over with an aftermarket setup. Take about 5 minutes to swap and he wouldn't even have to get under the car. The cable setup would involve jack stands and a fair amount of monkeying around.
The 74/75/76 top rod doesn’t adjust. U make the adjustment on the very bottom rod. Kim

thanks Kim. I think the one on the right is probably what I need. Going to get into the shop later today to look at more closely.

Do you have any extra’s a guy could buy?

i think the measurement from the bracket at the back to the throttle shaft would be some what important? I can measure mine later. What is the distance on the ones you’ve posted?

I’m going to be using a new Edelbrock annular AVS 1906 with the proper 1481 bracket on a LD340 intake.

maybe I have the wrong throttle bracket too, I will take better pictures and post later…..
Please do. The longest rod is what u need. Also it works better with the proper intake bracket. Kim

Please do. The longest rod is what u need. Also it works better with the proper intake bracket. Kim

so I think I have determined my throttle bracket is correct, and all the linkage down to the trans is correct, but the pivot to carb linkage is wrong.

I need the one on the far right of what you pictured or the one you’re holding in your hand. (See two attached pictures which were your pics)

OR

Like the one I have circled in green on the other attached picture. With the adjustment at the top. Even though I have a 74 car, I have a 71 340 set up with 727 trans so. There is some adjustments that can be made at the trans end but only by loosening a lock screw and physically sliding the rod and re-locking it.

I think I need the one with adjustment but would settle for non adjustable and do my best with adjustment at the other end.

FYI my lower pieces look like the one in my picture with the green circled top rod..

F80181DE-6901-48C0-BE08-E2D13896BBCA.jpeg

324C1C7D-9E53-41DC-A487-9B438BE21AD1.jpeg

F7BE6B9E-252C-4B66-8FB0-C043974D510B.jpeg

U can make the non adjustyrid adjustable by cutting off the end, threading it and affixing the adjustable end. Is the very bottom rod on yours adjustable or not? Kim

U can make the non adjustyrid adjustable by cutting off the end, threading it and affixing the adjustable end. Is the very bottom rod on yours adjustable or not? Kim
I guess I could thread it, good idea, but it still has the wrong bend. Mine is more or less straight.

No - the bottom is not adjustable, only way to get adjustment at the bottom is at the levers on the transition piece and on the trans itself. It’s like a bolt threads in and locks the rod in place. If that makes sense.

What year is your other pieces? Not 74 then as the top rod I posted is 74. The 74 bottom rod is adjustable, it has a slider that locks with a bolt. If u have the bracket like in your pic beside the green circle, then u have the right 4 bbl bracket. Kim

What year is your other pieces? Not 74 then as the top rod I posted is 74. The 74 bottom rod is adjustable, it has a slider that locks with a bolt. If u have the bracket like in your pic beside the green circle, then u have the right 4 bbl bracket. Kim
My bottom rods are pre 73. My Top rod is clearly a 2barrel one. My top rod should be like your 74’s you posted (in shape and length) but have the adjustable portion at the carb. This is what I’m looking for. Just like the one in the green circle on my picture I posted

For $50 and the shipping, I’ll sell you the correct linkage, minus the down rod. Unless you want me to find one of those, then it’ll be $60

F161DF05-AF54-4FF1-BE7B-8B653AD24EC7.jpeg

-
Back