Show off your small block.

-
image.jpeg
Lil 430 ci 340 it's an angry little motor.

I like this thread! I have been struggling with how to route and secure my plug wires on my 273 but many of you have done it right. Now I know what I will do.
I have all Powergrip hose clamps on my engine but for some reason I don't have photos yet of the completed engine bay-just parts of it.
I will route and secure some new plug wires and post mine up sometime soon.
Thanks everyone for posting-great work everyone!
I like this way to run wires...

20170116_163935.jpg

It's the little engine that may make a pass in the 9's this season ,took all the window regulators and unnecessary metal out this winter so all glass is now lexan drivers window goes up and down on a strap Morrison ladder bar rear with aluminum tubs fiberglass bumper brackets and bumpers,hood and decklid manual rms front k. Was 2740 last season hoping for 2550 or less. Won't know til we get back to the track and get weight slip and time slip. Only 46 more days til we get to run.

PowerGrip clamps are the Gates heat-shrink type hose clamps. There is no metal in them. If you look close, you will see a couple motors
in the thread that have no metal on the hoses. Those are the ones with PowerGrip clamps.

Yea I know, mines post #69 on page 3, I have em. thanks.

Jeff

My Vrod comes with those clamps.... and I've used some on some vehicles at work that have had a noted history of "weeping" coolant when it gets cold out. They do work great, but only if you're not planning on NOT removing the hoses for whatever reason.... like a race car :). ....and I definitely have to come up with some plug wire routing myself.

Thanks for the responses guys. There has to be more small blocks out there.

Here's mine from a couple of years ago. Not much to look at, then or now, but it's mine. Working on doing an OBD2 EFI swap.

Original motor with Magnum R/T heads, dual plane M1 intake and Thermoquad.

Duster 020.jpg

Duster 021.jpg

man you boys got the shhhit...lol :usflag:oh and :canada:will post my old la tomorrow

Before and after. Was a bone stock 360 with a Paxton supercharger, J heads, M1 intake making 390 whp.

Now is a 408 built by IMM, Engine Quest heads, port matched LD4B, 850 Holley DP, forged internals, etc. made 523 hp and 522 ft-lbs on engine dyno.

Still have supercharger, heads, and M1 intake. Debating if I want to throw them on another project years down the line. I doubt this engine will get the supercharger again.

360 Paxton.jpg

20161021_124209.jpg

-
Back