Show us your home made tools

-
Have been building and selling a few of these finger press brake benders for 1/4 but handle 3/8
Recently posted one on fakebook and found out people would rather buy chinesium, but want to support north america. They would rather Amazon make the profit. *rolls eyes*
20210115_082635.jpg

Last edited:
Have been building and selling a few of these finger press brake benders for 1/4 but handle 3/8
Recently posted one on fakebook and found out people would rather buy chinesium, but want to support north america. They would rather Amazon make the profit. *rolls eyes*View attachment 1715671464
Not that im looking to buy one, as shipping to canada would nix the deal, but what do they sell for?

Thats an impressive piece. Industrial duty.

POS Pitman arm Puller. $17 auto zone. First time removal of Pitman arm on my 68 Notch, so it may have been pretty frozen. Maybe this tool works a second time if I ever have to pull the Pitman again now that it's " unfrozen " idk. I couldn't see the logic in buying a quality tool that cost more than a new Pitman Arm

16110712103207278892188591076326.jpg

Needed to replace valve springs on LA cast head while still on my 340 small block. Looked at some spring compressors for changing springs while on block and wanted something more secure to hold while my fingers were fitting locks. Decided to build my own so fabbed this up before heads were bolted on block. Didn't have to buy anything since I had a 5" C-clamp that was sprung from over tightening. You just need to cut off bottom of clamp and drill hole for long bolt thru brackets. The plunger for spring was made from 2 sizes of sch 40 PVC cut to allow lock manipulation. The shiny metal guide for around spring was an exhaust reducer. You have to adjust standoff bolt and pipe spacer under bracket to get right alignment of clamp screw to spring. The tool worked great with positive control.
IMG_2703.JPG
IMG_2708.JPG
IMG_2710.JPG

Home made Raspberry wheat. A fresh batch. It's carbonated but not aged yet.

raspberry wheat.jpg

It doesn't bother me.

Not made with preservatives like the commercial made beers for long shelf life.

Pretty much guessing all beer gives a headache . . the alcohol sucks the water out of a person's brain.

Causing daze and confusion until the brain gets time to re-hydrate and return to sub-par thinking again.

________

Nice job on making your own brew !

Wood dowel cam lifters for measuring cam lift with a dial indicator, with the cam in the block.

Have not tried them yet but figure easier than trying to hit the edge of a hydraulic lifter with the dial indicator plunger.

20201027_140110.jpg

good idea, just make sure you have them a little small in diameter.

Oil makes wood Swell.

Last night while setting up to install new pistons and rods I realized I didn’t have guides for connecting rods that use cap screws.

10 minutes and a 1/2” diameter 12” long plastic drift...

Cliff Ramsdell
C5C9DC90-E02A-469E-802E-E8505021B1E3.jpeg
6CF2943B-7366-4C4D-95B1-C9BB974B2603.jpeg

Not made with preservatives like the commercial made beers for long shelf life.

Pretty much guessing all beer gives a headache . . the alcohol sucks the water out of a person's brain.

Causing daze and confusion until the brain gets time to re-hydrate and return to sub-par thinking again.

________

Nice job on making your own brew !
That sounds reasonable, Miller always gave me the worst headaches.

-
Back