side by side

-

famous bob

mopar misfit
Reaction score
I know a bunch of u guys have side by sides , what brands , and how dependable are they?
I`m interested in a good to great used one , mostly trail riding , doesn`t have to be the fastest , ''already done that w/ a 500 quadzilla'' , still would like it to run at about 70mph tho.
any and all comments and suggestions welcome -thanks , bob

Stay the hell away from Arctic Cat with their trash Kymco engines, and don't buy Chinese. Even if the product isn't garbage, which those typically are, the parts support is crap.

Basically, Honda kawasaki Yamaha Polaris Deere and maybe one or two others are gtg. Make sure that they have a solid dealer network and buy companies that aren't going any where any time soon.
As usual, a Made In USA label doesn't hurt.

latest?cb=20181124224414.jpg

:rolleyes: :lol:

Visited some friends that have a Polaris Ranger. First time I've ever rode in a side by side. We're going about 30 down a gravel road and the tach was reading right at 5 grand. Asked my friend if it's always like that and he said it was. Just seemed kind of high to me.

The more sedate models are very popular in this valley amongst the farming community. Probably what keeps the local motorcicle dealers in business.

Stay the hell away from Arctic Cat with their trash Kymco engines, and don't buy Chinese. Even if the product isn't garbage, which those typically are, the parts support is crap.

Basically, Honda kawasaki Yamaha Polaris Deere and maybe one or two others are gtg. Make sure that they have a solid dealer network and buy companies that aren't going any where any time soon.
As usual, a Made In USA label doesn't hurt.

ditto on the chinese crap --thanks
and not interested in a turbo , there are alot of side by sides that will run around 70ish ------

Last thing i would want is to tangled up in a 70 mph incident in a side by side. Not many trails support that kind of speed. My idea of a sxs is a work machine like a polaris ranger.

I have a Ranger 570XP and it will run 50 mph up hill or down hill. It will go in one wheel drive where a Kubota won't go in 4wd. My son has a CanAm Maverick that would run 93 mph when new until he put truck tires on it. He also has a Wildcat that runs 84 mph. I like the Ranger for everyday riding around the farm, Joe

Dudes ride em all over the place near me. But the way the morons drive near me I sure **** would not.

I'd walk before a Polaris. Their parts being extremely proprietary makes them very undesirable to me.

I'd walk before a Polaris. Their parts being extremely proprietary makes them very undesirable to me.
So bobcat uses polaris driveline in the utv. Thermostat is $180. polaris is like $60.
guy i worked for insisted he wanted oem parts, and wouldnt accept polaris parts on this bobcat.

So bobcat uses polaris driveline in the utv. Thermostat is $180. polaris is like $60.
guy i worked for insisted he wanted oem parts, and wouldnt accept polaris parts on this bobcat.
I wasn't talking about JUST price, but availability, too. Heck, a lot of guys I know have trouble finding parts anywhere BUT Polaris. ....and they don't mind the price, it's the PITA of going "just there" to get it. It's stupid.

I vote Geo Tracker, $800 off Craigslist, 1 gal OD paint and 4 Kenda mud tires $450.
Has heat/AC, goes over 80 MPH (at least) and it has plates so you can drive it to the store!!
Both my kids learned to drive a stick in it too..
012.JPG
021.JPG

I vote Geo Tracker, $800 off Craigslist, 1 gal OD paint and 4 Kenda mud tires $450.
Has heat/AC, goes over 80 MPH (at least) and it has plates so you can drive it to the store!!
Both my kids learned to drive a stick in it too..View attachment 1715813568 View attachment 1715813569

and it is basically a suzuki vitara

that is the same route i went when i was looking at snow removal options for my home
i ended up buying a plowtruck

how do you like those tires?
i have ran nothing but Kendas on my dirtbikes and just last week put a set of all terrain Kendas on the plow truck

and it is basically a suzuki vitara

that is the same route i went when i was looking at snow removal options for my home
i ended up buying a plowtruck

how do you like those tires?
i have ran nothing but Kendas on my dirtbikes and just last week put a set of all terrain Kendas on the plow truck
Off road the thing is unstickable, it can turn around mid trail on a steep hill without turning a tire while the side by sides in the group get stuck.
On road they are better than most Muds as they do have some sipes for wet traction on pavement/ice.
No idea on wear as it lives 99% off road.
The year Nick learned how to drive it (see pic) he put 96 miles on it over 2 days in low case!!
Good times!!

-
Back