Silicone Radiator hoses for slant 6

-

Vali68

Reaction score
Does anyone or has anyone had any luck finding the newer type silicone radiator hoses? I don't want to use the black rubber type unless I have to. I heard there was a company that sold some that were red, blue, or yellow that could be used, but I haven't had luck finding the company that sells them for a slant 6. Those flex hoses are not a useable option if you ask me.

ebay. Unlikey you would find any spec'ed for the slant engine, but doesn't mean they wouldn't fit. The upper hose on my slant is a simple 90 deg bend, as I recall, so any 1.5" ID silicone elbow should work. I think the upper is more likely to fail (hotter). I recall that your lower is also 1.5" ID, but more bends, so might have to piece several together with aluminum tube sections. Your heater hoses should be 5/8" ID. You may find silicone so pricey that you only use it for the very short hose between the water pump and head. It is great there because more flexible so slides on easier. Use special hose clamps that won't cut into the silicone. Euro type (M-B, Volvo, BMW) usually work.

-
Back