Silliest Thing You Ever Put On Your Mopar ?

-
Silliest thing ever, letting my swinger slip though my fingers. Gone forever.

Chevy orange paint on the engine lol..... Young, dumb, and well you know lol.... It looked good. Can't say it helped nor hurt performance. And can't even remember a Mohead commenting about it (circa mid 80's.)

JW

Side pipes.... LOL! I put side pipes on a 73 318 Charger I had. Sounded like **** too! :wtf:

Dam, some tacky ( silly) shat going on here. Lol
8 ball door locks, foot pedal, dice valve stem caps, home speakers, boobs, side pipes, slapper bars. How about a tackiest car contest. :)

1969-70... Gabriel Hi jackers and those 2 or 3 inch shock extentions. Seriously silly stiff. Great days.

IMG_4109 (1).JPG

Gotta go back to my original '69 340 Swinger that I bought used in November of 1969. I'd just turned 21 and my former wife and I had only been married a few months, no spare money since I was still in college and only worked part time. She worked full time but had only been working a little over a year.
I wanted my Dart to be raised in the back but couldn't afford air shocks. So I bought a pair of coil overload springs that clamped to the rear axle tubes right under the rear frame rails. They both raised the rear of the car for the look I wanted and stiffened up the rear suspension a bunch. The only problem came later when the rubber tubing wore off the top of the coils and you ended up with the metal coil banging against the rear frame rail when you went over a bump. Got a little noisy at times.
Yeah, I saved up for some air shocks soon after.

[QUOTE="dartfreak75, post: 1973563220, member: 21894"While at autozone one day picking up some parts I saw a set of "fog lights" i thought that would be cool! So I bought them and put them on the car alot with fuzzy dice and 8 ball door locks. I kept them on there for years thinking they was cool. Now that I'm older and wiser I can look back and see how ugly they were lol but at the time I liked them!

20180829_104431-jpg.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Liked your comment and reminds me of something that is currently fashionable and that is similar to comment on your fog lights.

I'm sure my comment will raise some hackles - so don't take it personal

In my opinion these "LED Light bars" fall in the same category and folks will someday be saying the same thing you did.... Enjoy!
s-l1600.jpg

Got my first Mopar back in high school from the neighborhood stoners...a '72 Demon /6 complete with a cherry bomb, primer gray door, rear tires that stuck out too far, a Kraco tape deck with 'Piece of Mind' stuck in it, and an 8-ball shifter knob.
Somehow I've managed to hang on to that shift knob for 30 years...so putting it in my '68 was not optional..
20210810_145114.jpg

Lol, One of the luxury items my car came with was custom quad sound AM radio setup. Took a long time but they are long gone.........
upload_2021-8-10_17-13-1.png

I did do a clearance tach at one point........
upload_2021-8-10_17-25-37.png

But I don't care what anyone thinks or says. The Cal Custom knobs are stayin'!:D
upload_2021-8-10_17-42-53.png

Way back in the day, 73 Duster, slant and 904. I had big meats on the back and traction bars - I thought I was hot stuff. Haha. It was all for looks, that car could barely get out of its own way.

When I was 16 driving my yellow 72 dart back n forth to high school, a good female friend of mine, that I always had a little crush on, called my car the yellow power ranger. Not sure why. So I bought the toy and made a little noose and hung it from my rear view mirror. Hoping that would end that. It didn’t, in fact more people asked about it and the name kinda stuck.

Not my car but my Dad's. I went to the NY Auto show back in the early 60's and bought a piston to put on my Fathers stick shift flat head 6 car. A lot of pleading before he buckled under to let me put it on. It was also a 2 door station wagon with the only options were a heater and AM radio. But that piston shifter changed the whole personality of that car.

Liked your comment and reminds me of something that is currently fashionable and that is similar to comment on your fog lights.

I'm sure my comment will raise some hackles - so don't take it personal

In my opinion these "LED Light bars" fall in the same category and folks will someday be saying the same thing you did.... Enjoy!
View attachment 1715779118

I run those on my plowtrucks, first the Bronco, and now the superdooky

I dont care much for the looks of em (specially not on the Bronco) but they sure light up the night

added bonus...with the 4 inch lift and 35 inch tires, that LED bar was low enough that the Bronco still fit in the garage

a conventional KC light bar wouldn't have fit

Got my first Mopar back in high school from the neighborhood stoners...a '72 Demon /6 complete with a cherry bomb, primer gray door, rear tires that stuck out too far, a Kraco tape deck with 'Piece of Mind' stuck in it, and an 8-ball shifter knob.
Somehow I've managed to hang on to that shift knob for 30 years...so putting it in my '68 was not optional..
View attachment 1715779115
[/QUOTE]

Iron maidens piece of mind?
I'd rock that all day long

And I WILL go on record that i would rock rhe barefoot gas pedal IF it's the right brand...let's just say, it's gotta have my name on it

When I was 18 I had my 340 swingers so jacked up that I painted a picture of a shooting star on the differential. Yikes!

When I bought my 67 Dart GT (in 1980) it had blue muppet fur glued to the top of the dash and the console, and blue terry cloth seat covers (in a black interior). Oh, and the Cal Custom chrome unsilenced air cleaner, on a 2bbl 273. And air shocks, of course, with the stock tiny-*** 13" tires (to be fair, it wasn't just posing — he had a hitch on it and used to tow a sailboat on a trailer). The seller kept his under-dash 8-track player, though. Within a week all that crap was gone. I had just got a job and I was basically broke after paying $150 for the car (!), but I shelled out for rear shocks. They weren't holding air so it was actually sagging in the rear.

-
Back