Silliest Thing You Ever Put On Your Mopar ?

-
IMG_20190329_165752.jpg

I have a skateboard wheel for a shift knob. Won’t be on there for forever, but it’s better than what came on the car when it got it.

0D27FFCE-DDF8-4838-86B6-AFFC9FDFB117.jpeg

I put four chrome mini-splash guards on my parent's new '71 Road Runner. They were too small to prevent any mud or rock chips. (Those displayed in photo #1 look a little larger than the ones I remember).

I also put on some "chrome" rear shock absorbers. I still remember the advertisement claiming they would run "cooler" because the chrome would transfer the heat from the oil more efficiently.

Then I tried the "fire injector" spark plugs, which had all kinds of claims, including the "fact" that the curb idle speed would increase because of more complete combustion. My experience was to find that was a bold-faced lie. (see photo #2)

The three aforementioned purchases were most probably made from the J.C.Whitney auto accessory catalog.

Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 10.41.34 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 10.38.57 AM.png

I had a 18988 Ford taurus sedan about 20 years ago. the paint was going bad and the previous owner had gray primered the hood. I had a friend freehand draw a "Jolly Rodger" skull on the hood with a carpenters pencil outside a bar one night. I was going to get a brush and paint and paint it in but the car got totaled while parked on the street one night.

I put a six pack on my car once.......

....I left it on the roof and it fell straight back on the trunk lid when I took off ~ it was a four door 73 Coronet so no nice cars were harmed :lol: ~ all six beers were a total loss, tough day. :steering:

I run those on my plowtrucks, first the Bronco, and now the superdooky

I dont care much for the looks of em (specially not on the Bronco) but they sure light up the night

added bonus...with the 4 inch lift and 35 inch tires, that LED bar was low enough that the Bronco still fit in the garage

a conventional KC light bar wouldn't have fit

Iron maidens piece of mind?
I'd rock that all day long

And I WILL go on record that i would rock rhe barefoot gas pedal IF it's the right brand...let's just say, it's gotta have my name on it
Yep! Luckily it had the button to switch sides without having to physically remove the casette..

No takers guesses on post #60 ?
There are 3 'silly' things easily visible.
1- 340 Four Barrel (OEM Cuda) emblems on hood stripes (um?)
2- Waterslide pinstripe decals on side markers and by door handles. (puke worthy)
3- Took a chrome gas cap, removed the screws on the handle part and put it on the painted cap. (that actually doesn't look too 'silly')

Other
Those little stainless mudflaps but mine had a beadroll. Nice touch... :poke:
71 Demon had 'Back off Jack" mudflaps. :elmer:
Store bought black with white lace Playboy Bunny garter belt "Air Freshener" hanging from the inside mirror. Garter sniffing ...:rolleyes:

This guy has been riding with me for the last 30 years or more. He’s made out of pipe cleaners, and was made for my grandma, because she loved squirrels. His name is Chucky, and the car just doesn’t feel right unless he’s in there with me. He rides on the dash!

3BF3815D-C7DB-470D-B7BE-1F1FB51674A2.jpeg

Silly... nobody mentioned tasteless bumper stickers they had.
The two I'm guilty of:
"DARE to keep cops off doughnuts" (Like I needed another excuse to get pulled over...)
Picture of a mouse carrying a shotgun- "Pussy Hunter". Yeah, that got the chicks.
At least I never stooped to the chrome naked lady mudflaps.

Silly... nobody mentioned tasteless bumper stickers they had.
The two I'm guilty of:
"DARE to keep cops off doughnuts" (Like I needed another excuse to get pulled over...)
Picture of a mouse carrying a shotgun- "Pussy Hunter". Yeah, that got the chicks.
At least I never stooped to the chrome naked lady mudflaps.

heres one for ya

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi.ebayimg.com%2Fimages%2Fi%2F290764692628-0-1%2Fs-l1000.jpg

nobody mentioned tasteless bumper stickers they had

OK, Here goes ('65 Valiant four-door bracket racer) never picked up chicks in this Mopar; had more success in my Dad's hand-me-down '69 Chevy step-side pick-up truck (my tow vehicle). Note: Chevy pick-up photo not Dad's; he special-ordered one with a side-mount spare tire.

"Enjoy Life, Eat Out More Often"
"Drag Racing, World's Second Most Exciting Sport"

65 Valiant3.jpeg

pick-up.jpeg

Last edited:
That little friend is a masterpiece.
Here are a few of her other masterpieces. Her work has been enjoyed all over the world. She gave David Bowie a Spiders from Mars sculpture, gave the Black Crowes a sculpture of their 2 crows logo, and her artwork is in countless museums. Her specialty was dinosaurs, but she also was partial to leprechauns. Neptune is over 6 feet tall, and every piece on the Indian is pipe cleaner. Sadly, she passed away about 10 years ago.

46D70DFC-A02C-4D09-B9F1-F90F8151A61A.jpeg

E750BF1E-DC51-48D9-BE8F-09A2AC82ECA4.jpeg

91887D86-B18B-46CA-827A-DF39B9FCB4B3.jpeg

No takers guesses on post #60 ?
There are 3 'silly' things easily visible.
1- 340 Four Barrel (OEM Cuda) emblems on hood stripes (um?)
2- Waterslide pinstripe decals on side markers and by door handles. (puke worthy)
3- Took a chrome gas cap, removed the screws on the handle part and put it on the painted cap. (that actually doesn't look too 'silly')
I thought something was up with the gas cap. I had a replacement cap on my Dart that was silver with the red safety warning letters on it.
Other
Those little stainless mudflaps but mine had a beadroll. Nice touch... :poke:
71 Demon had 'Back off Jack" mudflaps. :elmer:
Store bought black with white lace Playboy Bunny garter belt "Air Freshener" hanging from the inside mirror. Garter sniffing ...:rolleyes:

Silliest thing I ever “put” on a Mopar?

That would have to be a young lady I was “involved” with in my youth.
:thumbsup:

Yeah I still like a little bit of flare / swag I think every streetcar needs a little bit of that! I ran my car like this for about 20 years a lot of people loved it some people not so much. But with the big nasty hydraulic cam and short 3-in exhaust I think it pulled it off pretty good. Being pretty damn fast help too.
Screenshot_20210811-172739.png

OK more silly.

in order of stupid to silly

A - 5 on 4 to 5 on 4.75 adapters to fit 10" Cragers - they loosened up all the time like 50 miles of very hard local driving.
I would have to check then all the the time. The trick to see if it's time to take the wheels off and tighten the adapter. Drive real slow close to a building or any concrete wall with the window down. Fuckers would get all 'crunchy sounding.

B- Stainless Square Headlight cover shields that gave it that "modern headlight look". If anyone has a pair of these PM me.

C- Bigass Antenna. came with the car and was soon removed.

D - Came with yellow Lakewood slappers. cool Not stupid, can't remember why I took them off.

E - Snorkle scoop on a 71.? Added that because "I like them"

IMG_0940 71 Duster.jpg
IMG_0939 71 Duster.jpg
IMG_0944 71 Duster s front  grill.jpg

-
Back