Simple way to replace inner wheel well lip and Quarter panel install tips!

-

Syleng1

Karma is real and Life is short...
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
great work and tutorial. lets face it, there just isn't great ( or any) repop panels for a lot of our mopars, as we well know.

lasy year I bought my very first mopar that needed frame repair! only part that rusted was the very bottom of rear rails, sides were solid and perfet, I had 10 ga strips cut at steel shop like you Syleng1 did. mine turned our really well I thought. a complete $500 62 Lancer.

I have a 65 Dart GT with some serious rust issues in the quarter panels and floor pans. The trunk and rear pan areas are in the same shape, and a previous poor repair didn't help. I have a two-post donor car that is good all the way back. I'm considering doing a rear clip from the back edge of the door opening all the way back, but leaving the rocker panels intact on the original car. Do you (or anyone) know of anyone who has done a rear clip on one of these cars, and how they did it?

Thanks for taking the time to do this. I've never done any body work or rust repair on a car. I'm interested to try and tackle some of this work myself. I spent most of my working career as a HD Equipment Mechanic and certified welder, so most of my welding experience is on much thicker metal. Warpage is my biggest fear in trying to do this type of repair.
My '67 Dart is starting to show some rust bubbles in the paint in the wheel lip area.
I'm assuming you used that wheel lip material because you couldn't get the replacement patch panels that you needed?
I looking forward to the next segment.

-
Back