Single plane Torker II

-
That's a good intake. Hard to beat that one!

I put one along with a set of 360 heads on a buddies 78 Dodge 318 in a pickup back in 89 and it ran great. I wouldn't hesitate to use it if I had one

I put one along with a set of 360 heads on a buddies 78 Dodge 318 in a pickup back in 89 and it ran great. I wouldn't hesitate to use it if I had one

I did something similar probably about the same time. Get this......guy had like an 81 or so W150. 318, auto , all stock. Had big tires.......38s I think. Probably 3.55 gears. He was referred to me by another friend. He wanted me to "make it sound good" and stop burning oil. It needed the heads redone, so I did all that. Then he "took it upon hisself" to order the 508/292 cam and lifter kit. LOL I tried to talk him out of it......nuthin doin. I did make him get good valve springs and a nice timin set, though. So I get it all back together.......new headers and all and it sounded really shag nasty......and actually pulled pretty good. I was surprised. It was a little soggy right off idle, but other than that it was ok. He loved it. My point in all this rambling is, I used that same intake "up there" which is a 73 340 intake. His had all the EGR and whatnot on it and he wanted that deleted. He loved that old truck. It was nice, too.

I did something similar probably about the same time. Get this......guy had like an 81 or so W150. 318, auto , all stock. Had big tires.......38s I think. Probably 3.55 gears. He was referred to me by another friend. He wanted me to "make it sound good" and stop burning oil. It needed the heads redone, so I did all that. Then he "took it upon hisself" to order the 508/292 cam and lifter kit. LOL I tried to talk him out of it......nuthin doin. I did make him get good valve springs and a nice timin set, though. So I get it all back together.......new headers and all and it sounded really shag nasty......and actually pulled pretty good. I was surprised. It was a little soggy right off idle, but other than that it was ok. He loved it. My point in all this rambling is, I used that same intake "up there" which is a 73 340 intake. His had all the EGR and whatnot on it and he wanted that deleted. He loved that old truck. It was nice, too.
I've even got one of these old ugly beasts..I think they're cool...but it's cracked
Big%20Thermoquad.jpg

I've even got one of these old ugly beasts..I think they're cool...but it's cracked
View attachment 1715326707

I have several cores now. I can help you with that but I have to get some done for @Jadaharabi first. He's been very patient with my non motivated now unemployed ***. Since I have plenty of time now, it won't be long. Let me know. We can piece you a good one together.

Sure you can put 360 heads on 318's with good results. They usually have bigger valves and ports. Just don't replace a closed chamber teen head with a open chamber 360 head. It might not like it.

I have several cores now. I can help you with that but I have to get some done for @Jadaharabi first. He's been very patient with my non motivated now unemployed ***. Since I have plenty of time now, it won't be long. Let me know. We can piece you a good one together.
Thanks Rusty..We'll see what happens with this 340 and I'll let you know what I'm going to do.

Hey Richie, that there is the best factory 4 bbl. set up. You just need the right TQ on top. Earlier the better except the first year. If the 340 isn’t to cranked up power wise, you could get away with the small primary version or the electric choke model though I think you’ll like the feel for the larger primary carb.

As it was said before, the only real draw back to the intake is its weight.

Hey Richie, that there is the best factory 4 bbl. set up. You just need the right TQ on top. Earlier the better except the first year. If the 340 isn’t to cranked up power wise, you could get away with the small primary version or the electric choke model though I think you’ll like the feel for the larger primary carb.

As it was said before, the only real draw back to the intake is its weight.
Maybe 350 hp not too wild

I had the Torker II on the 360 in my '79 1/2T 2wd, and it had NO issues.

Hey Rusty! The 318 truck you mentioned putting a 292/508 mopar cam did you set it up advanced or dot to dot? How about carb did you use a thermoquad or something else? If you did use thermoquad were you able to tune it just by turning air mixture screws? Initial timing? Sorry for so many questions.

Hey Rusty! The 318 truck you mentioned putting a 292/508 mopar cam did you set it up advanced or dot to dot? How about carb did you use a thermoquad or something else? If you did use thermoquad were you able to tune it just by turning air mixture screws? Initial timing? Sorry for so many questions.

I used an early 70s TQ and the cam was installed wherever the cam card said......I think it's 4* on that one. I should have installed it down around 100 ICL, but I didn't. It still ran pretty good.

Ah ok! How about initial timing? 18° or 20° or less? I will use a thermoquad 850 off a 440 on my 360. It was set up for a drag car already used prior to cam swap and responds wonderful!! Think it has 1966 primary jets or rods and other mods to make it go. Bought off ebay 3 or 4 years back. Seller was running it in a serious 440 70 cuda. Only reason he sold it was he was goung e85 and got a e85 specific carb.

Ah ok! How about initial timing? 18° or 20° or less? I will use a thermoquad 850 off a 440 on my 360. It was set up for a drag car already used prior to cam swap and responds wonderful!! Think it has 1966 primary jets or rods and other mods to make it go. Bought off ebay 3 or 4 years back. Seller was running it in a serious 440 70 cuda. Only reason he sold it was he was goung e85 and got a e85 specific carb.

Initial timing will vary with every combination. It is all dependent on cylinder pressure in the end. Low cylinder pressure and you will want a lot of initial timing. High cylinder pressure will require less. You will just have to experiment with it to find the right place. I think 15 initial is probably a good place to start. You need to remember though, you will have to limit total to no more than about 36*.

Ok before i tore top off for cam swap I was running a FBO distributor with limiter plate. And came set to run @ 15° from fbo. Will try it there and see what it runs like!:thumbsup::thankyou:

Back to the initial question.I'd run the torker 2 in a heartbeat!
I ran an original doorstop Torker on an otherwise bone stock '69 dart 340.It would break the back tires loose easily with 3.23 gears and pulled hard!
I also replaced the airgap on my current stock '69 340 dart with an old weind dual plane i paid $56 bucks for plus shipping and it runs great.Sold the airgap at a fleamarket for $275.
Truth be known the stock intakes were good pieces.

And look what I just had to pick up..I don't know if I'll use it or not but it was so nice I had to get it ..Cheap too.

33886434128_9dd6c2f3dc_b.jpg

-
Back