Single turbo 360

-

rick4106

Reaction score
Son has been talking a single turbo on his 360. Found a Garrett 60-1 T04S .70 A/R Compressor Housing W/ 4" inlet and 2.5" outlet and .81 A/R T4 Tang Turbine, P trim turbine wheel for a good price . Would this work on a mild boost 360 or is it to small. Trying to figure out turbo maps but lost lol

Measure...what you can see of the compressor wheel.....then flip it over and measure what you can see of the exhaust wheel.

Report back with the Measurements in Millimeter, and I will explain why a
60-1 is tooo small.

Prine

way to small.. youd have like 30 psi in your exhaust manifolds vs the 8 going in the motor lol.. but 2 61mm turbos with the biggest t4 housing and compressor wheel you can get

Where would one get a GT45?
What do they cost?

Excellent!!!!!!!!!
Now I just have to figure out how to hook the rest of it up!
LOL!!!! N

Right here. Cheap, proven reliable, and perfect for a 5-600 whp build. I am going to start my build with one as soon as I get my hands on a single plane intake.

I was wondering if he missed it!! I looked and the link was still there. IIRC that turbo is the same one that Mad Dart used in his twin setup. It will be plenty for a smallblock good to 600 hp.

Use the short blockhugger headers that Mad Dart used and build a merge with a T4 flange. Much easier than building your own headers.

Yep, it's become pretty popular over the last couple years. I'm just going to use reversed magnum manifolds and 2 1/4" piping for the crossover. This (should) be fairly simple. The mst difficult part will be getting the oil return to the pan. I haven't quite figured that out yet.

Fuel Pump Off Plate.....tap a hole there, and a Fitting.....direct drain to pan.

Yep, it's become pretty popular over the last couple years. I'm just going to use reversed magnum manifolds and 2 1/4" piping for the crossover. This (should) be fairly simple. The mst difficult part will be getting the oil return to the pan. I haven't quite figured that out yet.

I tapped and welded the bungs into the pan....... If your Turbo is high enough you can tap into the Fuel Pump block off plate or maybe right into the timing chain cover also. To me the easiest spot is where I did mine.

View attachment IMG_2338.jpg

View attachment IMG_2337.jpg

View attachment phpBsyIRgAM.jpg

View attachment php46ZeaoAM.jpg

IF you can tap into the FP block off plate you will more than likely need to move your Alternator to the other side of the car so your Fan Belt assembly will not be in the way.

Nice work Mad Dart

Thanks. One needs to be sure that the turbo drains the oil freely into wherever you put them. If the drain looks like a roller coaster track you could oil soak the seals and wash them out. You don't want the bearings and seals swimming in oil it will ruin it and quickly. Some even run restrictors in the feed line to keep away from this problem.

Got a picture? Did you move your alternator?

Yep! its in my old build thread somewhere (Turbo 383 in a A-body Barracuda). I did put the alternator on the driverside. Was pretty easy to do. LeathermanDan has the car now. He has been keeping up with that thread pretty good! He is taking the Cuda in a whole different direction. I think he made a mistake with his choice on the rear gear though. IIRC he went with a 4.10 and sold the 3.23 which will screw with where the boost will come in for sure.

I hope the guy in this thread has done his homework! His entire car will need to be changed. Of course "you" know that already LoL..............

Kinda came up with it being to small with what I figured on map. Their was a build on here that used dakota headers switched around to the front.

I like the backwards RAM manifolds because I got some! I even have the Y pipe off the truck they came off of. I'll be doing a single if at all. HX35 too small for a 12psi 408? If you can weld Iron, making a T4 flange off the top of a passenger log and feeding that from the driver side under the pan RV style is fairly easy.And it sits the turbo in a roomy spot.

on a 408 you need like a single 88mm or twin 67+ mm turbos.. a hx 35 is way to small.. maybe 2 of them

My math.....with a conservative goal of 650 whp.....and 800whp capability.....says that the Turbocharger System needs a minimum of a 70mm compressor inducer, and .96 AR exhaust housing with a 75-80mm turbine exducer.

2.5" crossover piping......T4 Flange..... 50mm wastegate...3.5"exhaust after the turbo

and the appropriate amount of fuel at the proper fuel pressure.

$$$

Like the description of "money" to the 3rd power......but no doubt it will make HP
2*

Hp Squared.

My math.....with a conservative goal of 650 whp.....and 800whp capability.....says that the Turbocharger System needs a minimum of a 70mm compressor inducer, and .96 AR exhaust housing with a 75-80mm turbine exducer.

2.5" crossover piping......T4 Flange..... 50mm wastegate...3.5"exhaust after the turbo

and the appropriate amount of fuel at the proper fuel pressure.

$$$

Like the description of "money" to the 3rd power......but no doubt it will make HP
2*

Hp Squared.

Cool math on the Squared!! It will x2 the power no doubt. with 3x the $$ haaaa

Thinking hard about the gt45 eBay turbo. Starting to look for early model magnum manifolds. Have a 750 do to convert . What brand waste gates? Something good and cheap. Lol. Do I nerd a bob. Will probably use a air to air inner cooler. What type fuel pump?
Motor is .030 over 360,maybe 9.1cr at most,j heads small valve,has dual plane on it.have a strip dominator also.msd 6al with factory dist.small cam 480 list .Unsure of brand and cl.904,low first gear,Manuel valve body and 8 3/4 with3.23. Car ran 13.40 on street tires with this setup

-
Back