six pack owners, dial it in!

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
I was doing some AM coffee research (aimless carb thread following) and ran into am interesting carb tuning story on a six pack. Seems this guys trailer queen was nothing but that on the street with a F'd up carb setup. They go into what they did to fix it and shed some good tips on what repairs did what. I like the fact that this guys car looked nice but ran like crap and he wasnt willing to get dirty to try and fix it. Throwing money and parts at an issue ou dont understand will bite your a$$ everytime, including mine..once..or twice.
Hot Rod to the Rescue - 1970 Dodge Coronet - Hot Rod Magazine

Interesting read, thanks. That was one messed up 6 pack! When I was 16 or so I had a friend with a Pontiac Tempest that had a 6 pack, 400 I think. He fouled up his progressive linkage and went WFO into a corner taking out a row of mailboxes and sliding just short of a substation. Scared the crap out of him and he traded it for two old El Caminos. Went to Greenhill auto wrecking with him one day looking for parts, saw two things of particular interest, one was that Tempest, had been wrapped around a telephone pole, the other was "The Deathmobile" from the locally filmed Animal House.

Guessing you wish you would have bought the Deathmobile....

You are correct! Probably worth something to a movie enthusiast/collector of some kind. I remember standing in front of the Frat houses watching them film the toga party scene : )

-
Back