Slant 6 Madness....

-

Jim Kueneman

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Dutras came this week...... Now I just need the motor :)

DSC_0333.jpg

DSC_0335.jpg

You have a great start! I like that they have cleaned up the output flanges, that looks real clean. Good luck with your project.

You have a great start! I like that they have cleaned up the output flanges, that looks real clean. Good luck with your project.
Yes they look great, machined nicely everywhere. There should be zero grinding as I also bought the smaller batwings from Mark at Aussiespeed as well.

Yup, they are supposed to be ready to bolt on and go now. Looks real nice. I wish you were closer. I'd make you a deal on my engine.

I see they put an AussieSpeed logo on the top side,
do the exhaust manifolds still have the Chrysler Pentastar on the bottom as Doug had on his original castings?

and Batwings are the tringle shaped washers that fit onto the intake / exhaust manifold flange corners to hold them in place.

Nifty.

(looks like a pair of new Argentina-made Holley 1922-copy carbs, the kind Daytona sells.)

and Batwings are the tringle shaped washers that fit onto the intake / exhaust manifold flange corners to hold them in place.[/QUOTE]

Never heard that! I thought they were aircleaners.

Here is what my rear manifold looks like, quite different. No Pentastar.
IMG_0137.JPG

Try to answer all in one:

RustyRadRod: My engine is at my buddies machine shop. It is getting to the front of the line to work on.

My68Baracudda: Yes they have the Penstar and Dutra on them too.

hyper-pak: Yes they are suppose to clear the old starters now! That is what sold me on buying them. Mark will take them back if they won't work but he is sure they will.

slantsixdan: Yes they are Daytona carbs. We will see how they work. I really liked the external main jet adjustment....

Wow, I'm jealous now. That's going to look good.
Arizona is one thing but I'd most likely need some sort of carb heat here.
I hope you're milling the head and camming up to take advantage of that heavy breathing.

Wow, I'm jealous now. That's going to look good.
Arizona is one thing but I'd most likely need some sort of carb heat here.
I hope you're milling the head and camming up to take advantage of that heavy breathing.

Custom Dutra grind from Oregon Cams and larger valves with the ports massaged per the Dutra book. Milling to get about 8.5:1.

Try to answer all in one:

RustyRadRod: My engine is at my buddies machine shop. It is getting to the front of the line to work on.

My68Baracudda: Yes they have the Penstar and Dutra on them too.

hyper-pak: Yes they are suppose to clear the old starters now! That is what sold me on buying them. Mark will take them back if they won't work but he is sure they will.

slantsixdan: Yes they are Daytona carbs. We will see how they work. I really liked the external main jet adjustment....

And that is the part I am interested to see: Will they work with the original starter motor???

-
Back